What's new

Sexual dysfunction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
@Kava Wolf @Zaphod don't they grow a huge amount of olives in Mexico? I'm lucky in Europe because Italy, France, Spain and Greece and plenty of others have a huge olive industry and it's relatively speaking on the doorstep. Actually the best olive oil I've ever had was from Morocco, so intense, peppery and fruity.
Don't know - almost all the olive oil locally around me is Italy, or Spain. I would love to try really fresh olive oil. My sister went to turkey and she said the fresh olive oil she got there was unbelievably tasty.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Don't know - almost all the olive oil locally around me is Italy, or Spain. I would love to try really fresh olive oil. My sister went to turkey and she said the fresh olive oil she got there was unbelievably tasty.
I can believe it. Great when you get the first pressing really fresh.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
My day so far then... woke up, had a cup of yerba mate with half a teaspoon of honey. By the way this is good Moroccan flower honey not just random commercial sugar honey, it's barely sweet at all just tastes amazing. After that went quite heavy with the weights and had a good half pint and a bit of whole milk, 2 eggs scrambled in goats butter and 2 thick rashers of bacon fried in the same pan as the eggs, ate all of it, rind and all. Then a mango cut up with a good dollop of full fat greek yogurt, say about 3 tablespoons. I've got some tidying up to do in the house so going to get on with that while my breakfast digests a bit then going to take the bike out later, aiming for about 20 miles but I'll see how it goes. When I get back I've got some nice cheese and salami for a snack while I cook dinner, probably salmon and steamed veg but I've got steak, pork chops and chicken as options.

@Jerome @Kava Wolf a question about fruit... when I am in the truck fruit is a lot easier to eat than veg. Should I be worried about too much fructose?

By the way no idea how many calories I took in but I'm guessing it was a fair amount?! Over the day though I would guess I still might only come out at about 2000 or so?

Kava Wolf

Prowling for Kava
My day so far then... woke up, had a cup of yerba mate with half a teaspoon of honey. By the way this is good Moroccan flower honey not just random commercial sugar honey, it's barely sweet at all just tastes amazing. After that went quite heavy with the weights and had a good half pint and a bit of whole milk, 2 eggs scrambled in goats butter and 2 thick rashers of bacon fried in the same pan as the eggs, ate all of it, rind and all. Then a mango cut up with a good dollop of full fat greek yogurt, say about 3 tablespoons. I've got some tidying up to do in the house so going to get on with that while my breakfast digests a bit then going to take the bike out later, aiming for about 20 miles but I'll see how it goes. When I get back I've got some nice cheese and salami for a snack while I cook dinner, probably salmon and steamed veg but I've got steak, pork chops and chicken as options.

@Jerome @Kava Wolf a question about fruit... when I am in the truck fruit is a lot easier to eat than veg. Should I be worried about too much fructose?

By the way no idea how many calories I took in but I'm guessing it was a fair amount?! Over the day though I would guess I still might only come out at about 2000 or so?
You might want to get a calorie counter to be sure. Maybe should have skipped the cheese and salami. I would also recommend cutting back on the dairy. Too much is not good for the prostate. Also, you should eat all fruit separate from meals, not with a meal. It takes different digestive enzymes to digest different foods. When combined it can slow and tax the digestive system. You can research this. Fruits digest quickly so you can eat them an hour before a meal, but wait about 3 hours afterwards.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
@Zaphod I take coconut oil capsules to stave of dermo which work quite well... last week when my "situation softened a little" I had a dry hands spell. It's the only real dry skin problem I get and it comes and goes. I wonder if the two things could be related, low cholestrol? I was eating way too many carbs and working weird hours which meant I didn't always take my supplements at the same time of day... could be an accumulation of all of it?

N

Noname

You look young.. Thought you were 28-30.. Young face old penis xD bad joke I know.. You know there's this thing about modern Society they always tell you that you should slowly fall apart as you get older I think that's BS. You can still hav raging testosterone at age 65 but this low quality food is bad for ya they don't give a flying fuck about ur health grow ur own food

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
You look young.. Thought you were 28-30.. Young face old penis xD bad joke I know.. You know there's this thing about modern Society they always tell you that you should slowly fall apart as you get older I think that's BS. You can still hav raging testosterone at age 65 but this low quality food is bad for ya they don't give a flying fuck about ur health grow ur own food
I'm 44 in June but I think I do look a bit younger. My hair is greying a bit but I don't mind that. I have eaten a lot of processed foods over the years, usually when I am in the truck doing nights away, a lot less at home. I usually eat quite well at home. I know I'm going to have to do something different. Big thanks to everyone here for their help and advice.

N

Noname

Processed food is so dam toxic.. I mean take a random candy bar or something the ingredients sound like they were made Ina lab. You don't wanna eat that stuff trust me

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I've eaten barely any carbs at all other than a spot of honey (which is fructose anyway, awesome Moroccan flower honey) and some fruit and vegetables in the last two days. I did a 20 mile bike ride yesterday and yet I felt ok and went for a 2 or 3 mile walk to the supermarket to get some extra bits I needed. I actually had a bit of a spring in my step today as well rather than the done in feeling I was expecting. Hopefully I will lose the spare tyre albeit a small one and improve my wood situation although I do have to say that is getting better slowly anyway. Not up to where it was (no pun) but getting more reaction and I feel as though I could perform if needed. Better sleep and better diet will hopefully sort it out completely in the end.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Ok fellas (and ladies feel free to contribute too of course), delicate subject here... I am coming up to my mid forties, drank alcohol for 25 years, switched to kava a few years ago albeit on and off with the alcohol but just gone kava only. I've noticed things "slowing down" a little downstairs, less desire, less strong erections, etc. This is fairly natural given my age but I wonder firstly if it could be anything at all to do with my kava consumption? I do tend to go quite heavy and I am a daily drinker. Has anyone else of my sort of age or older noticed an effect? Secondly I wonder if there is anything I can do to improve my situation? Supplements, exercises? I'm not at the stage where I am too concerned, it all works and I can still please my wife, but I'm thinking about the future.
drinking grog kind of puts you off sex because you just want to sit there and do nothing. The KWK concentrate does not do that so if you want to have kava and make love I'd recommend the concentrate. Also, some women and men claim to enjoy oral sex, or so I have heard.

blindy107

Kava Lover
Here you go @Edward Interesting study out of Harvard.

The other big thing is resistance training. Lifting weights is good for testosterone, resting metabolic rate and bone density. All things that start to slip later in life.

I've done low carb dieting on and off for years and never could sustain it while weight training. Good for sedentary lifestyle but I just can't hang when I need the energy and glycogen replenishment.

Good luck!

Jerome

Kava Lover
Here you go @Edward Interesting study out of Harvard.

The other big thing is resistance training. Lifting weights is good for testosterone, resting metabolic rate and bone density. All things that start to slip later in life.

I've done low carb dieting on and off for years and never could sustain it while weight training. Good for sedentary lifestyle but I just can't hang when I need the energy and glycogen replenishment.

Good luck!
Agreed! If you're seriously burning it out with weights or any high intensity training, it's incredibly hard to survive ultra low carb.

I only go low low carb when I want to reduce the body fat quickly. Otherwise a more moderate carb approach works fine for me.

I just saw a study about certain activities that promote testosterone @Edward . The biggest booster was chopping wood! And no, not euphemistically...

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
@Jerome chopping wood lol. Thanks to you all for your help @blindy107 . Things have been steadily improving. I wouldn't say I am really low carb as I drink milk and eat fruit but I stay away from starchy carbs and processed food/refined sugar as much as possible.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I think a large chunk of the worlds health decline can be attributed to processed food.
Yep, 24/7 access to take away food and processed ready meals is slowly killing a lot of people. It's the kind of non food that doesn't fill you up so you just feel hungry again not long after so no matter how good your will power if you feel hungry you're going to want to eat. The thing I love about eating high fat (not necessarily super low carb but keeping the carbs quite low) is that I don't feel hungry most of the time. One or two good meals a day is fine. I like a good breakfast and lunch but then I don't eat again til the next morning. Of course drinking some stiff doses of kava in the evening helps with that :)

Jerome

Kava Lover
Yep, 24/7 access to take away food and processed ready meals is slowly killing a lot of people. It's the kind of non food that doesn't fill you up so you just feel hungry again not long after so no matter how good your will power if you feel hungry you're going to want to eat. The thing I love about eating high fat (not necessarily super low carb but keeping the carbs quite low) is that I don't feel hungry most of the time. One or two good meals a day is fine. I like a good breakfast and lunch but then I don't eat again til the next morning. Of course drinking some stiff doses of kava in the evening helps with that :)
Great! Fat is good stuff. In fact, fat is your body's preferred fuel source. So much so, that if you give your body more carbohydrate calories than it can handle, it turns them into body fat to be used later.

One of my biggest benefits of going to a high fat low carb diet is I don't get moody or cranky when I don't eat. I used to get really mean when I was hungry (my brother still does) but now I'm much more even keeled, down right pleasant!

Status
Not open for further replies.