What's new

Sexual dysfunction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Sounds starchy!
yes its a high starch low cal plant only diet.
it goes against every thing I do for a low carb high fat diet.

But thats what my doctor wants me to do.

I believe @violet belives there is merit in starch, there is a term for good starch. Something like resistant starch. I havent really thought about it much until now, but Im going to look into it more.

violet

Do all things with love
Wow @Hedgie I'd be really careful with that one. A little bit of prebiotic resistant starch (I think that's what you're referring to?) might be a good thing for many (not into it myself), but a high-starch/high carb plant based diet sounds like T2 diabetes and muscle wasting in the making.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Wow @Hedgie I'd be really careful with that one. A little bit of prebiotic resistant starch (I think that's what you're referring to?) might be a good thing for many (not into it myself), but a high-starch/high carb plant based diet sounds like T2 diabetes and muscle wasting in the making.
i hear you and share the concern, especially after successfully dropping over 35lbs before my surgery with the low carb, high fat diet.

Jerome

Kava Lover
Too many carbohydrates when I was going the "conventional heart healthy" route made me fat, tired, and unhappy. I love how I eat and feel now. It really works for me.

marksdailyapple.com

I find a lot of great information in the above website. He compiles a lot of recent science to formulate the ideal human diet/lifestyle.

Sad truth is, your doctor could be wrong!

violet

Do all things with love
i hear you and share the concern, especially after successfully dropping over 35lbs before my surgery with the low carb, high fat diet.
That's awesome Hedgie!! If it ain't broke... I would just stick with what works ;)

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Zne of my biggest benefits of going to a high fat low carb diet is I don't get moody or cranky when I don't eat. I used to get really mean when I was hungry (my brother still does) but now I'm much more even keeled, down right pleasant!
Are you sure that's not kava related ;-) . I find it hard to get mean about much these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.