What's new

Should KF have a Business Forum?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I only ask this because over the past couple of years I have on quite a few occasions been emailed quite pleasantly by people who produce or import kava looking for vendors or naks, and I have always had a pleasant time chatting and give whatever info I can, but I'm just a nobody noobie and pretty close to useless. Also been approached from the other end by people wanting to import or at least buy large quantites.I can understand the confusion, because while I do not buy in bulk or by the ship container load, that is the way I drink it, a whole shipload.

I was just wondering if maybe KF could do a forum where they could hook up, like Tinder for Medium to Large Kava Dealers?

Or perhaps instead or in addition an industry forum, where people actually involved in the business talk to each other about the business while nosy punters eavesdrop? Or not.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I only ask this because over the past couple of years I have on quite a few occasions been emailed quite pleasantly by people who produce or import kava looking for vendors or naks, and I have always had a pleasant time chatting and give whatever info I can, but I'm just a nobody noobie and pretty close to useless. Also been approached from the other end by people wanting to import or at least buy large quantites.I can understand the confusion, because while I do not buy in bulk or by the ship container load, that is the way I drink it, a whole shipload.

I was just wondering if maybe KF could do a forum where they could hook up, like Tinder for Medium to Large Kava Dealers?

Or perhaps instead or in addition an industry forum, where people actually involved in the business talk to each other about the business while nosy punters eavesdrop? Or not.
We have something similar, we have a vendor's only forum. There isn't much activity there. I would think vendors are not eager to share their supply sources, why would a vendor give up a hard earned relationship?

Zaphod

Kava Lover
We have something similar, we have a vendor's only forum. There isn't much activity there. I would think vendors are not eager to share their supply sources, why would a vendor give up a hard earned relationship?
Hehe, I can't imagine why....all the vendors get along so well. In addition, I am not sure the forum wants to get in the middle. I agree it might help facilitate the kava business, but on the other hand after just coming off a long battle where the forum was accused of "siding" with one set of vendors against another (wrongly or not) a section like this could quickly get out of control. People saying don't do business with this guy because he sells other herbs, or tudei etc. etc....promoting other wholesalers. Sounds like a can of worms best left alone.
On a personal note I like that this forum is mostly for users and some mostly small dedicated vendors to interact. Not large wholesalers to come in and spam us.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hehe, I can't imagine why....all the vendors get along so well. In addition, I am not sure the forum wants to get in the middle. I agree it might help facilitate the kava business, but on the other hand after just coming off a long battle where the forum was accused of "siding" with one set of vendors against another (wrongly or not) a section like this could quickly get out of control. People saying don't do business with this guy because he sells other herbs, or tudei etc. etc....promoting other wholesalers. Sounds like a can of worms best left alone.
That forum was created before my time. but I agree. It"s rarely used anyways.
On a personal note I like that this forum is mostly for users and some mostly small dedicated vendors to interact. Not large wholesalers to come in and spam us.
I agree.