What's new

Member Soapbox show you my kava balls if you show me yours.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
SANY0008.JPG

Hello all I was just curious. I was wondering tonight when I took my spent kava ball out of the bag, dose everyone look at there kava ball. Mine isn't too big. I used a standard Bic lighter to show the size of my ball. You all can get inventive with that. But anyway here is one of my spent kava balls. Whats yours look like. The is for scientific purposes only;) Much love. Roaddoggy....

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Ya @violet you have to shake all the contents to the bottom of the bag, and form it into a ball, like clay. If that makes sense. Then you can pull out the whole ball in one piece. The reason I'm curious about it is, my trash can is full of them. They will dry up, and get sort of hard. I guess I'm the only one who plays with my kava balls. :joyful:. too funny. Much love. Roaddog....

violet

Do all things with love
I've been throwing my kava dregs around the house perimeter, the bugs don't like it much. We finally have a couple of toads taking residence in the garden :happy:.

I'll see if I can't get the kava ball to stick together today. I know when I used to put the dregs in the garbage the trash would go off smelling very fast lol.

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
I've been throwing my kava dregs around the house perimeter, the bugs don't like it much. We finally have a couple of toads taking residence in the garden :happy:.

I'll see if I can't get the kava ball to stick together today. I know when I used to put the dregs in the garbage the trash would go off smelling very fast lol.
Ahh that probably explains why the trash is so stinky! Also, that's a great idea to toss it around the perimeter to keep them critters out...

@Roaddog ...and that's how you create a post no one can keep from clicking on :sneaky:

violet

Do all things with love
Ahh that probably explains why the trash is so stinky! Also, that's a great idea to toss it around the perimeter to keep them critters out...
I believe it was Kavalot who introduced the idea in the forum. We recently moved into a house built partially on a slab. I don't think any amount of kava will ever relocate the ants, but at least now I've been able to keep them out of the house (y). The toad doesn't mind it at all either, it nestles itself in the corner behind the door every night, kava and all.

blindy107

Kava Lover
Damn slab homes....i am in the same boat with the ants. little buttholes are driving me nuts! Them and the wolf spiders. My 9 month old tried eat a huge wolf spider the other day...mom caught him halfway to the mouth, hahah. good thing he grabbed it so tightly it was too crushed to bite him.

You think kava is safe in the garbage disposal? Can't be worse than all the crap already in our tap water, right? :arghh:

Roaddog

Kava Who?
549899407-thumb_073.jpg

Wonder if the old kava balls could be used in my garden. I try to keep everything as organic as I can. Here's a picture of this years garden. Any ideas?

violet

Do all things with love
I used to run mine through the garbage disposal, no problems. We have a plethora of other bugs too. Little black jumping spiders, numerous species of house spiders (I hope that's what they are), and all kinds of beetles, among other things. Most interesting are the ground beetles... for one, they emit a pungent aroma when they feel threatened, thankfully I've only had three inside and it was right after we moved in. It is really cool to see them at night hunting other insects. They used to hang out around the door, not so sure anymore, if anything they have become food for something higher in the food chain.
Wonder if the old kava balls could be used in my garden. I try to keep everything as organic as I can. Here's a picture of this years garden. Any ideas?
That's a great question. I've been wondering that, or if anyone composts it. I'm planning to start a worm bin for composting, and I've been wondering if it's possible that the microbial properties of kava might kill beneficial soil organisms?

Roaddog

Kava Who?
@violet , I believe worms would not want to have anything to do with it. Worms are a bit picky. that like proper temperatures, and PH, moisture content. No meats, onions, orange pills. So I kind of think if other insects don't like it. I doubt worms would. I would not add much to my bin. I don't use it for that If it. at all. But if it could be used to kill cabbage worms, that would be way cool. There a organic farmers worst night mare. a much love. Roaddog...

StinkWeed

Kava Enthusiast
Damn slab homes....i am in the same boat with the ants. little buttholes are driving me nuts! Them and the wolf spiders. My 9 month old tried eat a huge wolf spider the other day...mom caught him halfway to the mouth, hahah. good thing he grabbed it so tightly it was too crushed to bite him.
You think kava is safe in the garbage disposal? Can't be worse than all the crap already in our tap water, right? :arghh:
That's terrifying... Lol good job stopping that in time

fungaloid

Myco-nut
BAAAAAAAAMMMMM

one cup of root, my hand for reference
i'm 6'3" and about 180, so that's no tiny
rabbit paw.
kava3.jpg