What's new

Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skywalker

Kava Enthusiast
So I've noticed that my sleep quality is remarkably improved on Boroguru. I mean I was gonzo. Comatose. It was great

Has anyone else noticed that certain kavas work better for sleep?

I've noticed certain kavas turn me into a fish at night.

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
If I drink boroguru a couple hours before bed I have the most restfull sleep ever . I think I will be obtaining more of this exquisite root!!

KavaLot

Kava Enthusiast
i drink it a bit earlier and resist the initial sleep temptation. Watch a funny movie and you'll laugh your ass off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D

Deactivated Account

I sleep like the dead normally however any kava (usually a no name waka) as well & I wake up in the same position I landed in.

A

Absent Minded

About time for my next order here as I am running out, and was considering going back to BKH... first order of Waka left me thoroughly disappointed, but then, I also hadn't broke through the barrier.
Considering boroguru, would ya'll say it's more of a sedating type? I like those (currently have ISA by KBR but now have to stay away from them after the recent light I've had shed on them here), but am also considering something nice and uplifting.
Kavasseur didn't have a review for it so I figured I'd ask here, not trying to hijack the thread though, SO:
Kava for the most part will make it impossible for me to sleep fpr a while after consumption. As such, I've bought melatonin for the nights I drink it, and have now begun drinking it around the 6-7pm mark as opposed to 10pm, and going to bed at around 12-1am. Much better effects this way, and I sleep like a baby.
But 2 separate nights where I was tossing and turning for 2-3 hours, half asleep half wide awake taught me the lesson to never have it right before bed ever again, though I feel as though I am alone in this as many people talk about conking out right after finishing their last shell

endwatcher

Is there death before life?
I didnt care for their Waka either "sorry Judd"
I like PK's better.

But all the rest are super nice....Boroguru had me sleep so hard last night, my arm lost feeling totaly, "cause I was sleeping so hard on it" and woke up freaking out cause I couldnt feel my entire arm, lol

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Boroguru is one of the best kavas out there and it's definitely a sedating one.

I'm surprised you have had that experience, while I've never literally been knocked out by kava like some people have I have a history of insomnia and sleep disorders and find it generally helps me get to sleep. What kavas have you tried so far?

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
I wouldn't call boroguru uplifting. That's just my opinion . For me I became one with my couch after 3 shells . Complete relaxation then 3 hours later I woke up in a puddle of kava drool and had just enough energy to carry myself to my bed and sleep like the dead . It is a great choice for that specific purpose ! I believe bkh is out of it untill April 10

violet

Do all things with love
I would say that Boroguru is a sedating type of kava for most people. If you have to order anytime soon, you'll have to try something else, since BKH's Boroguru is sold out, I think I saw it mentioned it was expected back in again around April 10th. Dang, so is the Melo Melo. I have found Melo Melo to be sedating also, even though many consider it a daytime kava.

When I first began drinking kava, Boroguru never sedated me and actually prevented me from sleeping at times. I often found it quite uplifting. Now it can knock me out pretty nicely.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I ordered Andrew's (Noble Kava's) Boroguru and will be posting a review of it at some point. It's a bit pricier but I can't deal with the current BKH grind anymore.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
No, it just results in dermopathy much quicker than coarse kava does.
Hey @kavadude, I'm having similar problems. Out of curiosity, when you're using a Kava that's too fine for you, about how long does it take after using the Kava before you can tell that the dermopathy is coming on from it?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I've only had it about 3 times so it's hard to say. I'd say the last case only took about two weeks of daily consumption to show up. I am going to be paying closer attention from now on -- it can sneak up on you.

infraredz

BULA!
I've only had it about 3 times so it's hard to say. I'd say the last case only took about two weeks of daily consumption to show up. I am going to be paying closer attention from now on -- it can sneak up on you.
That was about the amount of time that it took to get dermopathy for me as well, but with Fu'u which I would imagine is even finer than the Boroguru although I haven't had that one since the grind change.

violet

Do all things with love
I can usually make it to two weeks if I'm all clear starting out. This last batch got me started in less time than that, and I didn't get a warning with this last bout.

Has anyone found that some kavas are more tolerable (from a dermopathy standpoint) as a finer grind than others? Or if you get dermopathy from one kava, are you probably likely to get it from all kavas?

D

Deactivated Account

About 3
I can usually make it to two weeks if I'm all clear starting out. This last batch got me started in less time than that, and I didn't get a warning with this last bout.

Has anyone found that some kavas are more tolerable (from a dermopathy standpoint) as a finer grind than others? Or if you get dermopathy from one kava, are you probably likely to get it from all kavas?
I get it from all powdered kavas, different areas & amounts from different kavas but i always get it. Usually starts about day 3- 4 & gets worse the longer i drink it daily. It starts to go away about 48 hours after i stop. As you know kava is not easy to find here thus i often go 6 months without any so getting it in bouts of finding a bag of kava is no cross to bare i feel. As i mentioned before …. never have i had it, even remotely from fresh in vanuatu. I can guzzle it there 'til the cows come home & not a drop of moisturiser to ward off the Gorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.