What's new

Sleeping after eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Does it make any difference if I sleep after eating to my digestion and therefore how soon my stomach empties?

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
It might slow it down a bit as we are meant to be standing when we digest, but as a whole it takes 6-8 hours to digest food anyways so the sooner you stop eating the quicker your stomach will be empty.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
It might slow it down a bit as we are meant to be standing when we digest, but as a whole it takes 6-8 hours to digest food anyways so the sooner you stop eating the quicker your stomach will be empty.
We are meant to be standing when we digest? I didn't know that.

D

Deleted User01

Ok, after lunch, I take a 30 minute siesta. If I get too low on the recliner, I wake up startled because my food starts to come up on me. It's a horrible feeling. So there is some wisdom to the adage that you should not sleep right after you eat.
P.S. I don't even eat that much for lunch.

D

Deleted User01

I wanted to add to the previous post that the food coming up is something that has only started in the last 2 years. I have no stomach issues but maybe there is a weak vomit valve (for want of a better word). And it only seems to happen when I take a short nap at lunch. So go figure ... or not.

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
We are meant to be standing when we digest? I didn't know that.
The ancient Romans, I believe, used to recline on their left side for a while after a meal. This allows the stomach to be more horizontal with its natural curve
on the bottom, which is very conducive to peristalsis.

Status
Not open for further replies.