What's new

Snacks during kava

Kava4All

Kava Curious
Question for all of my fellow kava lovers. On the weekends I enjoy drinking kava all day long. I normally do not eat until dinner to maximize my kava's effects. I would like to snack throughout the day but dont want to take away from my kava's effect on me. Is there particular snacks you all have during sessions or do you not eat at all?

Kodiak

Kava Curious
I'm watching my weight (pure vanity), so I'll usually do OMAD or at least not eat until like 2PM most days. I'll usually try for something light around 2 after drinking kava since 11am, then eat something big when I'm a couple hours away from sleep, which like many have said, changes the experience a bit even if it doesn't turn the kava buzz off fully.

Kava4All

Kava Curious
I'm watching my weight (pure vanity), so I'll usually do OMAD or at least not eat until like 2PM most days. I'll usually try for something light around 2 after drinking kava since 11am, then eat something big when I'm a couple hours away from sleep, which like many have said, changes the experience a bit even if it doesn't turn the kava buzz off fully.
Right I got ya. Ugh I wish food didn't effect the kava at all but it is what it is.

tarragon

Kava Curious
Question for all of my fellow kava lovers. On the weekends I enjoy drinking kava all day long. I normally do not eat until dinner to maximize my kava's effects. I would like to snack throughout the day but dont want to take away from my kava's effect on me. Is there particular snacks you all have during sessions or do you not eat at all?
Avocado toast.

tarragon

Kava Curious
Raw pumpkin seeds, raw sunflower seeds.

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Learn to love me, assemble the ways...
Hard boiled eggs, Vegan (pea protein) Shakeology, nuts, seeds. None of them take away from my kava at all. Just space them out and eat light for best effects. Raw seeds and nuts are best. Egg whites only (no yolk) are best, etc.

Travis

Kava Enthusiast
I eat basically any snack type food, that I'd eat if I wasn't drinking kava. Chips, hummus, dried fruit, nuts, peanuts, fig bars. My favorite thing with kava is dried pineapple or dried coconut though. I try not to get too involved in the kitchen while I'm drinking kava, I'm clumsy enough as it is.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I like a slice or two of a deli meat, I get creative and make ham rolled with onions and lettuce with a dash of "pimenta Malagueta", or I may have a few tbs of yogurt.

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
I like a slice or two of a deli meat, I get creative and make ham rolled with onions and lettuce with a dash of "pimenta Malagueta", or I may have a few tbs of yogurt.
Deli meats are my favorite too, they have been great at preserving krunkness and giving me a good boost throughout the day