What's new

So lecithin

Shredder

Kava Enthusiast
Hi everyone. So my geandfagran gave me some soy lecithin. Brand is soya lecithin from rite aid. Bottle says it's still good. I've heard that you can use this stuff to amplify the effects of kava. Any of this true?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hi everyone. So my geandfagran gave me some soy lecithin. Brand is soya lecithin from rite aid. Bottle says it's still good. I've heard that you can use this stuff to amplify the effects of kava. Any of this true?
I used it religiously when I first started but discovered plain old water works just as well (at least for me).

If you try it, do our collective knowledge a favor and try it three different ways. Consume some lecithin before your kava on one session, with your kava on the 2nd, and 15 minutes after you drink your kava on the 3rd. I wonder if the timing could make a significant difference.

Saghloqh

Kava Curious
I use it if I absolutely need to maximize what I'm getting, and when I do I prepare kava first, then mix the geog with some milk, warm up with so lecithin for a bit, then use ice cubes to cool down.

Theoretically will help KL's absorb better, and IMO it seems that some of the 'lactones giving more bodily effects come on better with a source of fat (so if things are heady, milk seems to balance it out a bit).

But for the most part... water works just fine.

WaitingForGrogot

Kava Curious
I joined the kava community too late and ever even heard of this! I use a splash of milk. People do use lecithin in edibles as a potentiator so it might work with kava I guess, hard to prove either way I suppose because it's all subjective.

NAMBATU

Kava Enthusiast
High doses of soy lecithin can lead to gentlemanly benefits in the short term, but can be bad in the long term.

bogmonkey

Kava? Yes please!
For me, kava is not complete without some whole milk. Adds a nice creaminess, and the 'lactones love the fat.
I don't put milk in my aluball though, I just add some to my cup of grog after it's made.