What's new

So nice for a inflammation

Status
Not open for further replies.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Speculative question and I don't know the right place to ask.
The more body relaxy stuff like Papa Kea (for example) reely nails it to help some inflamed nerves docs thinks are neer a shoulder. Possibly from Martial Arts practice.
Just for guessy stuff: Any guesses to why that's helping where Asprin doesn't?.
(Not nocking asprin.)

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Aspirin would, if you took enough, but enough would kill you. Kava is a safe NSAID and you can take large enough doses to be very effective without harming you. Till research finds something else that does, it's the only thing like it.

Oh, wher you get the papa kea?

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Aspirin would, if you took enough, but enough would kill you. Kava is a safe NSAID and you can take large enough doses to be very effective without harming you. Till research finds something else that does, it's the only thing like it.

Oh, wher you get the papa kea?
Oh unless it's out now I got it from GHK 4-6 weeks ago. Is it out now? It rocks.

LeVon

Kava Curious
Honakaine Ili is a good kave, but it was a bit heady for my liking at first. Seemed heady at first, then heavy after a bit. I came to love it by the time i finished the half pound though :)

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Kava is amazing for nerve issues as well as inflammation. Actually cured my fibromyalgia over time to the point where I'm no longer on meds for it. I say cured instead of treated, because even when I go a long time without drinking kava, it doesn't come back.
thanks for posting that, chandra. Yours is the first confirmation I've found for this but for a long time I've felt certain that it must be possible with fibromyalgia, and exactly as you describe it. I'm really happy for you. This is fantastic.

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
thanks for posting that, chandra. Yours is the first confirmation I've found for this but for a long time I've felt certain that it must be possible with fibromyalgia, and exactly as you describe it. I'm really happy for you. This is fantastic.
Yes it is! It was so bad at one point it was painful for my husband to touch me. Like him putting his arm around me felt like I was being punched. Makes you wonder what else kava can cure.

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
I'm not so sure that kava cures but it definitely helps one relax so the body can do repair work.

Yes it is! It was so bad at one point it was painful for my husband to touch me. Like him putting his arm around me felt like I was being punched. Makes you wonder what else kava can cure.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
I'm not so sure that kava cures but it definitely helps one relax so the body can do repair work.
Mmmm. Is your guess that by being (physically) less tense then your body isn't working all the time it can heal some issues?
I seem to recall their's been studies done with Zen Monks trying to help explain (some) of repair and heal better than average. I don't know if they figured out why. For example this one(Pubmud): https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1697747/
Is it possible that Kava might help in a simillar way? ^_^ ('m genuinely curious)

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
I definitely think so.

Mmmm. Is your guess that by being (physically) less tense then your body isn't working all the time it can heal some issues?
I seem to recall their's been studies done with Zen Monks trying to help explain (some) of repair and heal better than average. I don't know if they figured out why. For example this one(Pubmud): https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1697747/
Is it possible that Kava might help in a simillar way? ^_^ ('m genuinely curious)

Status
Not open for further replies.