What's new

So, what did kava cure for you? : a partial inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Kava cured my dandruff. I'm not kidding, gone completely. Also got rid of all the skin problems on my face, roasacea, eczema, everything. My skin has never been this good since I was a kid.

Also, I haven't had the runs since I started drinking kava, 4 1/2 months ago. I used to get the runs fairly frequently, which I assumed was either from drinking coffee or eating a diet very high in vegetables and fruits, figured it just came with the territory. I now suspect, because kava completely eliminated (no pun intended) that phenomenon, that what I had was occasional gut inflammation that was cured, along with so much else, by kava's powerful anti-inflammatory effects.

Alcohol. I didn't even know that was a problem, but whatever it was, it's gone. Haven't had a drink in weeks and even then it was a question of opening a beer and never finishing it and I got tired of emptying a single half empty beer all the time. It was like, yeah, I could open this beer but what's the point? I'm not going to drink it. Waste of time.

My wife's mild anxiety is gone, as is the insomnia that plagued her for decades. I never suffered either, but I confess I am happier and calmer and sleep even better. A great 8 hours every night.

I don't know how to count this but I no longer suffer any aches or pains or enthesitis or arthritic soreness. Also I can stand on one leg much longer so I believe my balance is improving.

Oh, and obesity. OK OK, technically I was at a BMI of exactly 30, which is the bottom limit of obesity, and once I lost the first half pound I was no longer obese, but still, I was technically obese. And now I'm at 28 and seem to be headed lower.

I'm sure I'll remember more stuff as it occurs to me, but I also suspect kava is not done with me yet and has a few more changes in store.

Oh, dehydration. I know it sounds weird given that kava is dehydrating, but because it is it forced me to drink more water (and less coffee, cut my consumption in half,and now no alcohol, both of which are dehydrating) I am now better hydrated than I have been in decades, with all sorts of beneficial effects from that. I didn't think I was dehydrated, but comparing now with then I must have been, at least a little.

Anyone else?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Kava cured my dandruff. I'm not kidding, gone completely. Also got rid of all the skin problems on my face, roasacea, eczema, everything. My skin has never been this good since I was a kid.

Also, I haven't had the runs since I started drinking kava, 4 1/2 months ago. I used to get the runs fairly frequently, which I assumed was either from drinking coffee or eating a diet very high in vegetables and fruits, figured it just came with the territory. I now suspect, because kava completely eliminated (no pun intended) that phenomenon, that what I had was occasional gut inflammation that was cured, along with so much else, by kava's powerful anti-inflammatory effects.

Alcohol. I didn't even know that was a problem, but whatever it was, it's gone. Haven't had a drink in weeks and even then it was a question of opening a beer and never finishing it and I got tired of emptying a single half empty beer all the time. It was like, yeah, I could open this beer but what's the point? I'm not going to drink it. Waste of time.

My wife's mild anxiety is gone, as is the insomnia that plagued her for decades. I never suffered either, but I confess I am happier and calmer and sleep even better. A great 8 hours every night.

I don't know how to count this but I no longer suffer any aches or pains or enthesitis or arthritic soreness. Also I can stand on one leg much longer so I believe my balance is improving.

Oh, and obesity. OK OK, technically I was at a BMI of exactly 30, which is the bottom limit of obesity, and once I lost the first half pound I was no longer obese, but still, I was technically obese. And now I'm at 28 and seem to be headed lower.

I'm sure I'll remember more stuff as it occurs to me, but I also suspect kava is not done with me yet and has a few more changes in store.

Oh, dehydration. I know it sounds weird given that kava is dehydrating, but because it is it forced me to drink more water (and less coffee, cut my consumption in half,and now no alcohol, both of which are dehydrating) I am now better hydrated than I have been in decades, with all sorts of beneficial effects from that. I didn't think I was dehydrated, but comparing now with then I must have been, at least a little.

Anyone else?
That's fantastic, @Krunkie McKrunkface
Is your middle name Methysticum? It sounds like you were made specifically with a kava sized hole in your life.

Kava ended my addictive impulses. This alone was enough to cause me to really dig in. It's also erased my insomnia.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
That's fantastic, @Krunkie McKrunkface
Is your middle name Methysticum? It sounds like you were made specifically with a kava sized hole in your life.

Kava ended my addictive impulses. This alone was enough to cause me to really dig in. It's also erased my insomnia.
I don't really know if I was addicted to anything before but I am certain I am not addicted to anything at all now. To me kava feels like the anti-addiction, the complete opposite of whatever addiction is, like it's categorically antithetical or something.

Go Krunk Yourself

Kava Enthusiast
It's kept me away from binge drinking alcohol or benzo's. Though alcohol remains a missed favorite, Kava's safety profile and ability to use without worrying about building a tolerance or dying just makes things right in the world.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
It's kept me away from binge drinking alcohol or benzo's. Though alcohol remains a missed favorite, Kava's safety profile and ability to use without worrying about building a tolerance or dying just makes things right in the world.
At first I thought I would just assimilate kava into my drinking lifestyle and for quite a while I did, or thought I did. But even without trying I started to drink less and less and less, I didn't even notice it till after it was happening for a while. Eventually I simply ran out of room for alcohol in my life. Like, yeah, I can have alcohol, but where the hell would I put it? Since alcohol exited the equation I must admit that my kava experience, and everything else, pretty much, improved.

The way I conceptualize it is I didn't quit drinking, I just stopped drinking. It's not that I "don't drink" it's just that, in effect, I simply don't drink. So, I'm not a teetotaler or anything. I just don't drink. No desire. I would if I wanted to, he insists, using the third person to objectify it.

Go Krunk Yourself

Kava Enthusiast
At first I thought I would just assimilate kava into my drinking lifestyle and for quite a while I did, or thought I did. But even without trying I started to drink less and less and less, I didn't even notice it till after it was happening for a while. Eventually I simply ran out of room for alcohol in my life. Like, yeah, I can have alcohol, but where the hell would I put it? Since alcohol exited the equation I must admit that my kava experience, and everything else, pretty much, improved.

The way I conceptualize it is I didn't quit drinking, I just stopped drinking. It's not that I "don't drink" it's just that, in effect, I simply don't drink. So, I'm not a teetotaler or anything. I just don't drink. No desire. I would if I wanted to, he insists, using the third person to objectify it.
Alcohol is it's own beast but theirs something about knowing you're killing yourself and knowing the next day will be unpleasant that just takes out the fun in it for as I get older. It's really reserved only for the most special of occasions (weddings, parties, meetups with old friends). I think without Kava I'd be much more privy to wanting to drink and I stick to Kava's that aren't super strong and I don't do too much or too consistently but I have a feeling if I really got "krunk" I would be even less inclined to drink alcohol. There really is nothing like Kava except maybe K@ which does not share the same safety profile (though others would argue against me) nor does it share the same standards as Kava does (underground SEA farms versus public legal vanatu or hawaiian family run operations)

I would like to get some of my old drinking buddies into Kava but the initial onset delay and the taste of dirty bathwater will scare them off.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
My krunk dose of Squanch (4TBS in 3/4 liquid, blended for 30 seconds in bursts and then strained) hits me in about 2 minutes and by 10 I'm melting, what a world, what a world. And I've learned to eliminate all problems of nausea and bad taste, 100%, so those just aren't an issue for me at all any more.

But yeah, I know what you mean.

Luckily for me my best drinkin buddy was my wife (and I hers) and we made this journey together and now she's my best krunkin' buddy. Of course, as we all know, it's fun to krunk alone, but it is also exquisite to krunk with someone you like who is also krunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.