What's new

So what's your fav Kava right now?

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I tried Nambawan for the first time a couple weeks ago (also a sample of Nangol); I think I really liked it but I emptied my pound in about 4.5 days. I'm looking forward to trying it again. Still like Kava Time's Kadavu. Have been drinking Ovalau's Heritage as well, but can't get a real sense of how much I like it or not cause I usually end up mixing it with something else, but I'm not sure how much I like its "thickness" LOTS of the "good stuff" comes out, but makes mixing it strong an intense experience.

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
Nabawan is Numba One?

I have only tried it like 4 times but I don't get the effects that I like, it doesn't feel euphoric or chill to me but tastes amazing.

Camaytoc

Kava Enthusiast
Nabawan is Numba One?

I have only tried it like 4 times but I don't get the effects that I like, it doesn't feel euphoric or chill to me but tastes amazing.
It is because of the wonderful taste that I have massively drank this kava in a few days. As said before, I've only started to enjoyed it at thr last 20% of the pound. I mean, lots of joy. Will definitivly reorder!

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Nabawan is Numba One?

It is because of the wonderful taste that I have massively drank this kava in a few days. As said before, I've only started to enjoyed it at thr last 20% of the pound. I mean, lots of joy. Will definitivly reorder!
Man... Maybe its just cause I was introduced to Fijian kava in the late 90's and so that's the taste I associate with kava, but I really don't like the taste of Vanuatu Kavas, Nambawan included. Love the effects of Nambawan, but for a balance of taste and effects, give me a Fiji waka.

PapaMoi

Kava Enthusiast
Man... Maybe its just cause I was introduced to Fijian kava in the late 90's and so that's the taste I associate with kava, but I really don't like the taste of Vanuatu Kavas, Nambawan included. Love the effects of Nambawan, but for a balance of taste and effects, give me a Fiji waka.
I also prefer Fijian to Vanuatu taste. More chocolateness if that's a word.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I also prefer Fijian to Vanuatu taste. More chocolateness if that's a word.
With some, I get chocolate; but there's just a different smell that brings back fond memories for me; a pungent but not in-your-face smell; Vanuatu kava's have this in-your-face smell that is pungent almost like nutmeg is; hmmm... maybe its just bringing back unpleasant memories from Jr. High... Would explain why the Vanuatu smell makes me scared of nausea...

...Man... I just went and smelled some Vanuatu kava. A faint reminder of nutmeg might really be the reason why the smell (and consequently taste) of that kava always threatens to make my stomach churn. I'm nervous even drinking eggnog if there's nutmeg on it...

PapaMoi

Kava Enthusiast
With some, I get chocolate; but there's just a different smell that brings back fond memories for me; a pungent but not in-your-face smell; Vanuatu kava's have this in-your-face smell that is pungent almost like nutmeg is; hmmm... maybe its just bringing back unpleasant memories from Jr. High... Would explain why the Vanuatu smell makes me scared of nausea...
Lol. I get what you mean on the junior high nutmeg flashbacks.

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
Fave is Supreme, followed closely by Stone. Both medium in an aluball. (What a godsend that is)
Fave micro is GHK Nene

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Nabawan is Numba One?

Properly speaking, nambawan is a grade of kava quality, the best you could buy in a wholesale market. And there is a branded product from BKH called "Nambawan" which, thank goodness actually is. That is to say, Nambawan is nambawan, but not the only nambawan. Anyway, maybe not for everyone, as it can get a little psychotropic in the same degree that I can get a trifle understated. Triple ball 6Tbs and you'll know what I mean. But it is my favorite and I salivate if I even think of the flavor. Wife became a convert but she enjoys it just like any other good kava.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
I'm on Klin Kava's "5 star mix" at the moment, direct from their processing plant in Santo. It is Borogu/Melomelo laterals only mix, with 75% sundried root and 25% green roots (similar to instant).
The mouth numbing is stronger than most dried kava but the bitterness is taken out by the 25% green component, and the effects strong from the first shell, without using much more than 50g to a litre.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I'm on Klin Kava's "5 star mix" at the moment, direct from their processing plant in Santo. It is Borogu/Melomelo laterals only mix, with 75% sundried root and 25% green roots (similar to instant).
The mouth numbing is stronger than most dried kava but the bitterness is taken out by the 25% green component, and the effects strong from the first shell, without using much more than 50g to a litre.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
Is that what Kava Kauai sells?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
A big surprise for me recently was Kavafied Supreme. I've had it before but not for a long time due to trying to drink evey kava going but this time round it hit me like a train and I liked it a lot. It's one I will always be keeping in stock going forward.