What's new

Kava Dosages Some Basic Questions

MsArk

Good Morning,
First post here but I’ve been using Kava for close to a year now. I have some basic questions I would like to get some opinions. I’ve really enjoyed reading the posts on this forum.

How much is too much? I’m pretty much a daily user but do take a few days off every month. I’m using the Aluball (so easy), drinking (3) 3/4 cups daily. Kava works so well for my anxiety but I’ve noticed I really miss it on my days off.

For those of you using the Aluball , do you get two washes from each ball? I’ve tried but don’t get that peppery/“numby”taste. However, it gets kind of expensive. 1 lb. might last 3 weeks but usually more like 2.5 weeks.

Kava works just as well as medication for my anxiety but I don’t want to get in trouble with it. I know it isn’t physically addictive but psychologically? Maybe for me.

Thx for taking the time to read my fairly newbie questions.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
The Aluball shaker is great for quick kava on the go. The main drawbacks I've found (others here may have workarounds I'm unaware of) is that even with two Aluballs, the grog tends to be weaker than with traditional prep. I typically fill my Aluballs half-way to the top and I can usually do at most 2 tablespoons per ball. I've also found that certain medium grinds can have really big makas (the pieces of medium grind that didn't turn into powder) and you can get a very weak grog with those medium grinds. The medium grind with big makas I would grind in a spice grinder to make a finer grind before using in the Aluball shaker.

If you ever have a slow weekend, consider buying a strainer bag and try out traditional prep. Kava vendors sell strainer bags in case you wanna throw one in as a package stuffer on your next order. I also heard from someone (I forget who) that this Amazon link: Amazon product is a very good deal for strainer bags. Traditional prep is great but you have to make time for it.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Kava is a medicine for some people. It's only logical that you don't want to go without your treatment. Just take good care of yourself and you'll be fine. Hydrate, food, proper sleep, and all the things. You're not drinking very much either.

The grinds from your aluball would likely do better with a second wash via traditional prep. Makas aren't very strong, but it can be worthwhile at times.

I've had to adjust my budget to make room for kava. I don't eat out much anymore.