What's new

Something still feels like its pinching my stomach and sides since taking kaolik

Geiourht

Kava Curious
It isnt just in the stomach like i thought it feels like something is pinching down by the stomach but also both sides on either hip. Would this happen from a inflamed liver?

I'm starting to get concerned now cos ive never felt something like this before and i thought it was starting to go away but i took another 2 grams of kaolik again yesterday to test and it made the symptoms come back!

Also has anyone else taken kaolik recently from gkw/ghk? I want to know if it is a possible bad batch. I have never seen kava so muddy dark before. Ive never had the kaolik before but its weird that i never noticed such a complexion and this one has been suspected to have given me these bad effects. I wonder if there is the other shit in the batch like leaves etc.

Im not gonna say its definitely that but the only things different in my diet since last week are the kaolik and eating a super hot meal through the day before I had it. Id like to believe it was just the food but its lasted for nearly a week now so wondering how it would cause that.

It could be an unfortunate combination of both in that the hot food ruptured something caused some extreme reaction and the kava exasperated it with the bits of root matter. I don't use a stocking just a tea strainer so quite a few bigger bits get through. Never been a problem before but maybe if my stomach was already upset it just made it worse.

In terms of anatomy tho what organs lie just right at the crease of either hip and rib-bone? Only the liver right? or intestines as well? its hard to get a read on wtf is going on down there.

Last edited:

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Hmm I have no idea but what kind of hot foods specifically ? ... also have you tried a natural anti inflammatory, like chamomile or turmeric to see if it alleviates ?

blindy107

Kava Lover
I have no idea what kaolik from GHK is so I don't know there but all your organs are behind your ribcage if I recall. Aside from intestines. Near the hip could be intestine I suppose. Maybe the large particles are acting like splinters. Not really sure how much wood is broken down by stomach acid. Best to see a pro if it persists.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I'm pretty sure it's anxiety that is causing you to think you have all these issues from a moderate amount of kava consumption. We cannot diagnose or treat your problems over the internet; see a doctor.

Kaolik means 'yellow' and it is indeed extremely yellow and resinous, so that would explain the texture. Use a finer strainer.

Geiourht

Kava Curious
Well thankfully it seems to be subsiding slowly. I've been on a blankd diet all week and yogurt including probiotic.

The feeling certainly wasn't imagined, thought the cause might well have been. I think the hot food was the more likely culprit as in hindsight I think i felt the pain in the nighttime before having the kava the next day.

Jayy

Kava Curious
My gf gets pains that sound just like that and it's usually kidney pain and if it's bilateral then it might be the case. Most likely unrelated to what you ate/drank but a diuretic like kava would certainly make it worse.

KavaCat

Meow.
Yeah, Jayy is right, that's definitely the kidneys area. Kava wouldn't cause that much pain, no matter what kind it is, it is likely exaggerating an already-existing problem, not causing one. Go to the doctor, make sure you don't have a UTI or kidney stones.