What's new

Sore eyes

Krunked up Tong

Kava Enthusiast
Hi guys,

I've been drinking Kava daily for about 15 days now and over the past couple of days my eyes have started to get sore.

I remember this same thing happened a few years ago when I was drinking it for a few weeks straight. What's the trick here? Maybe drink for a week then take a few days off then go back to it?

Does this happen for anyone else?

The feeling feels like my eyes are slightly sore, and are sensitive to the wind. They get a bit watery at times too. It's manageable, just annoying. I bought some eye drops yesterday and they help a little bit.

Any tips/tricks, let me know please!

Thanks

Krunked up Tong

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks Mike.

I've definitely been having too much Kava lately, but I've only recently just got into it properly, so I've not found my sweet spot yet. I'm gonna take a break over the next couple of days, I don't understand how people drink it everyday without having to take a break. Maybe I'm more sensitive to side effects. I remember I got really bad dermo after I used it for just a couple of weeks a few years ago.

I'll report back after a break to let you know when my eyes return to normal.

Cheers

Mixnpickngrinnin

Kava Curious
i use "tears" eye drops frequently while drinking kava. I also sometimes use true lubricating eyedrops, but never redness relief as those are harmful if used frequently. Tears you can use as much as you like. For me i find the best times to be as the session is winding down, and right before bed. Then if i get up to pee sometime in the middle of the night i will too. basically any time my eyes feel dry. It seems to work great and keep me from getting too dry. Kava dries you out, so lubricate those eyes.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Thanks Mike.

I've definitely been having too much Kava lately, but I've only recently just got into it properly, so I've not found my sweet spot yet. I'm gonna take a break over the next couple of days, I don't understand how people drink it everyday without having to take a break. Maybe I'm more sensitive to side effects. I remember I got really bad dermo after I used it for just a couple of weeks a few years ago.

I'll report back after a break to let you know when my eyes return to normal.

Cheers
Systane is a life saver and doesn't have any preservatives that can potentially harm contacts. It is expensive but much better than crappy visine.

Mixnpickngrinnin

Kava Curious
Systane is a life saver and doesn't have any preservatives that can potentially harm contacts. It is expensive but much better than crappy visine.
yea steer clear of visine or any redness relief. I had a skin rash around my eyes break out when i used to use it a lot and was shocked the doctor told me it was because of visine. its a steroid that constrics your blood vessels so if used a lot it can be pretty harmful. Systane and other lubricant only drops do not contain steroids.

kw2292

Kava Curious
Not sure if it applies to you, but mine is actually caused by dry/inflamed eyelids. I started washing with baby shampoo each day and it’s much better after a week or so.