What's new

Still no kava :(

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Correct. That’s how we identify invading nazis trying to pass. They’ll say “I need a napkin for my Mac n cheese. And some beers.” In Canada, beer is like fish, same in singular and plural. 5 beer would mean 5 beers but 5 beers would mean 5 beers but each is a different brand or type. So Americans who think they can just move to Canada, it’s not so easy. Thank you kindly. Eh?
Don't worry if somebody shoved a serviette down the drain. Jist give'r. It's got a garburator.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
This thread got its happy ending. THE KAVA HAS ARRIVED! :') I tried the Vanuatu instant yesterday - very nice and pleasant. Tonight me and my partner are going to try the Kavafied Supreme. So exciting! Have a great friday you guys! This is my first time saying BULA! ::kavaleaf::
Very interesting.
New to kava, and actually like the flavor already ?
I'm guessing your "instant" was flavored.

Kajsa Kavat

Kava Curious
Very interesting.
New to kava, and actually like the flavor already ?
I'm guessing your "instant" was flavored.
No, not flavored.. I think? My partner didn't like it but to me it was as if it was just a very very weak flavor, if anything. I've been eating phenoxymethylpenicillin for tonsillitis these last ten days. I have a severe phagophobia (i.e. the fear of swallowing) so I've had to crush the pills to powder and taste that horrible, poisonous flavor of penicillin - it tastes like how aceton smells. My actual saliva tasted sweet and rewarding afterwards (a very weird and surprisingly unpleasant experience). This, three times a day for ten days straight. I believe this might have "desensitized" my taste buds. So now I'm healthy and actually enjoying the taste of kava!

Last edited:

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Learn to love me, assemble the ways...
Correct. That’s how we identify invading nazis trying to pass. They’ll say “I need a napkin for my Mac n cheese. And some beers.” In Canada, beer is like fish, same in singular and plural. 5 beer would mean 5 beers but 5 beers would mean 5 beers but each is a different brand or type. So Americans who think they can just move to Canada, it’s not so easy. Thank you kindly. Eh?
I live on the border. Quite of bit of Canadian culture around here. We even say, "about" the same and, yes, we do use, "eh?" often. A lot of our lingo here is shared with Canadians. We love it! Our malls proudly wave the Canadian flag next to the American. Both love to shop! :D Seeing an Ontario or Quebec license plate is like seeing a PA or NY license plate. It's a relationship to be proud of...

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I live on the border. Quite of bit of Canadian culture around here. We even say, "about" the same and, yes, we do use, "eh?" often. A lot of our lingo here is shared with Canadians. We love it! Our malls proudly wave the Canadian flag next to the American. Both love to shop! :D Seeing an Ontario or Quebec license plate is like seeing a PA or NY license plate. It's a relationship to be proud of...
I was shelling Nambawan in Sarnia on Saturday night. It was nice. Yes, it is a very friendly border and this is about the closest two countries could be in friendship and alliance and a bunch of other stuff. Why, sometimes it feels like the US is the 11th province, or the 4th territory. Of course, I remember a time when Canadians drank something other than Bud. Canada had its own beers and everything.

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

I was shelling Nambawan in Sarnia on Saturday night. It was nice. Yes, it is a very friendly border and this is about the closest two countries could be in friendship and alliance and a bunch of other stuff. Why, sometimes it feels like the US is the 11th province, or the 4th territory. Of course, I remember a time when Canadians drank something other than Bud. Canada had its own beers and everything.
Of course they do! Molson Canadian, eh? ;)

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Of course they do! Molson Canadian, eh? ;)
in Upper Canada I suppose, sniff snifff. In Halifax we drank Keith's and spread it far and wide. Wife from the rock's partial to Jockey Club. Think my favourite is Kokanee, though. Got a taste for it in the NWT. Real crisp and clear, but somehow with body. But I only drink kava now. Don't miss the beer at all, frankly, nuttin.

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

in Upper Canada I suppose, sniff snifff. In Halifax we drank Keith's and spread it far and wide. Wife from the rock's partial to Jockey Club. Think my favourite is Kokanee, though. Got a taste for it in the NWT. Real crisp and clear, but somehow with body. But I only drink kava now. Don't miss the beer at all, frankly, nuttin.
Same. My favorite was Sam Adam's Boston Lagar. I could drink 6 in one night and wake up functional the next day. There is something about kava that cannot be explained, only experienced. I never look back. I'm happy to have found this wonderful root.

PapaMoi

Kava Enthusiast
Canada is a great place with beautiful people and majestic natural landscapes. And great maple syrup.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
I just can't fathom how Canadians survive the winter.
I hear about places like Buffalo, NY, where winters are brutal beyond words, so it would make sense if you go further toward the north pole, into Canada, that winters must be even more merciless ?

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

I hear about places like Buffalo, NY, where winters are brutal beyond words, so it would make sense if you go further toward the north pole, into Canada, that winters must be even more merciless ?
Believe me, some of that is true but, being from B-Lo NY, I’ll take snow storms and the occasional lake effect snow or blizzard over earthquakes, hurricanes and tornadoes any day. We are equipped to salt ahead of time, plows are out non -stop and we do not lose our homes. Usually, they’re quite peaceful and everyone bunkers down with neighbors and family. :) We are called the City of Good Neighbors for a reason. ;) Some winters are even extremely mild. It all depends on the lake, eh?

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Buffalo gets that crazy lake effect snow, so they're kinda cheating. The main thing that weirds me out about higher latitudes is the variable day length. Winters are so dark. Summer nights are super short. Sunrises and sunsets drag on for hours of twilight.

In the tropics, days are always the same length and the sun rises so fast. Vertically. You can notice the sun going down and be like "hey it's almost kava o'clock" and by the time you're ready to grog, it's already pitch black.

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Canada is a great place with beautiful people and majestic natural landscapes. And great maple syrup.
And Tim Hortons coffee shops on every corner, which has migrated south a bit to WNY. Honestly, at rush hour, you could be backed up to the street near any
Tim’s location. Now, if only they would put kava into their java...

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
And Tim Hortons coffee shops on every corner, which has migrated south a bit to WNY. Honestly, at rush hour, you could be backed up to the street near any
Tim’s location. Now, if only they would put kava into their java...
I wonder where the border between Timmies and Dunks is. Do their ranges overlap? Or what aboot out west... is there a place where Dutch Bros and Tims border one another?

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

I wonder where the border between Timmies and Dunks is. Do their ranges overlap? Or what aboot out west... is there a place where Dutch Bros and Tims border one another?
Good question. Yes, Dunkin overlaps here with Tims but, Dunkin needs to face it: Tims are everywhere for a good reason! While every Tims is packed, Dunkin gets the left over crowd. lol. We have Tim Hortons are far south as the PA line! I go out to Fredonia and Jamestown, NY. At least two Tim Hortons within a stone's throw from my place of work. West? Out to Rochester and probably beyond (in NYS). I don't know if they made it west. I never saw one in Seattle, as their "jam" is Starbucks, which I rarely frequent. :)

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Believe me, some of that is true but, being from B-Lo NY, I’ll take snow storms and the occasional lake effect snow or blizzard over earthquakes, hurricanes and tornadoes any day. We are equipped to salt ahead of time, plows are out non -stop and we do not lose our homes. Usually, they’re quite peaceful and everyone bunkers down with neighbors and family. :) We are called the City of Good Neighbors for a reason. ;) Some winters are even extremely mild. It all depends on the lake, eh?
Yeah, I am right there with you. I am in Rochester and I will take -10 degrees and crap ton of snow over earthquakes, hurricanes, and tornados. To be fair you are the City of Good Neighbors unless you show up in non-Bills gear for a Sunday game....

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
I lived in Schenectady for about a year doing an internship. Playing hockey outside on natural ice was a novelty. But then came The Ice Storm (you know the one if you lived around there) Later, the Mohawk river flooded and came within an inch of entering my apartment, and then it froze again and entombed a bunch of cars and bikes. Fortunately the town is very bicycle friendly and I moved my truck up the hill before it was too late. Winter weather never fazed the locals. They'd drive old rear wheel drive domestic sedans in the worst winter storms like it was no big deal. My neighbors from Trinidad and the Dominican Republic, on the other hand, treated winter excursions like astronauts suiting up for a walk on Mars. I think they had the right idea.

We were close to the Adirondacks, which are beyond beautiful. Montreal, NYC and Boston were all feasible weekend trips. I got to witness Rachel Ray on local TV before she became a national celebrity chef, and I met the Unabomber's brother once. He was a professor at Union College. That was a little awkward.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I lived in Schenectady for about a year doing an internship. Playing hockey outside on natural ice was a novelty. But then came The Ice Storm (you know the one if you lived around there) Later, the Mohawk river flooded and came within an inch of entering my apartment, and then it froze again and entombed a bunch of cars and bikes. Fortunately the town is very bicycle friendly and I moved my truck up the hill before it was too late. Winter weather never fazed the locals. They'd drive old rear wheel drive domestic sedans in the worst winter storms like it was no big deal. My neighbors from Trinidad and the Dominican Republic, on the other hand, treated winter excursions like astronauts suiting up for a walk on Mars. I think they had the right idea.

We were close to the Adirondacks, which are beyond beautiful. Montreal, NYC and Boston were all feasible weekend trips. I got to witness Rachel Ray on local TV before she became a national celebrity chef, and I met the Unabomber's brother once. He was a professor at Union College. That was a little awkward.
That ice storm (temporarily) saved my ass and got me out of physics test I was woefully unprepared for in college. I spent the whole day wondering around a very wooded local cemetery marveling at the ice coated trees. Beautiful and probably not the safest thing to do considering trees and branches were still coming down. Somehow that still wasn't enough to convince me to move out of Rochester.