What's new

Stomach can't handle any of kava times current stuff

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Has anyone else noticed how harsh the more recent stuff from kava time is? I used to love kadavu and the first batch of Ras finest was great and mellow but last night I had 2 shells of it (that's like a starter dose for me) and my stomach is still hitting today. I literally had to go straight to bed. I had a similar thing when I tried it a few days ago.

Kadavu has been causing me stomach issues too so I have to stick to one shell. Im not even ready to open my ambae after these experiences. It used to be ambae was a little harsh and I could only have a small amount but now they are all even harsher than that. Mind you I am still drinking shell after shell of kwk ghk and vinaka with no issues at all.

Anyone else has this problem?

theGrogfather

Sipping on Waka juice. Laid back
I've only had good experiences with KavaTime. I drink their Kadavu regularly (just got a pound last week) and havent noticed any changes.
It's pretty strong, I find I need much less root to get desired affects. Does it help to water it down a bit?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
We bought 7 pounds of the Taveuni's Secret when it went on sale. So far the first three pounds were delicious and creamy. Exquisite, even.

_byron

Kava Enthusiast
I have the newest batch of Ra's and notice no difference. No stomach issue and still one of my favorite kavas

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Interesting. I might have to arrange a swap soon. If anyone has an offer they can pm me. I have almost a full lb of Ras finest and might also be interested in trading my kadavu (also almost full lb) and maybe even my ambae after I try it out.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Using an 80 micron strainer and I'm also drinking like 7 other types of kava on rotation and none of the others bother me.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Using an 80 micron strainer and I'm also drinking like 7 other types of kava on rotation and none of the others bother me.
That is odd. It's not even as though it's a particularly fine grind or anything is it.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Has anyone else noticed how harsh the more recent stuff from kava time is? I used to love kadavu and the first batch of Ras finest was great and mellow but last night I had 2 shells of it (that's like a starter dose for me) and my stomach is still hitting today. I literally had to go straight to bed. I had a similar thing when I tried it a few days ago.

Kadavu has been causing me stomach issues too so I have to stick to one shell. Im not even ready to open my ambae after these experiences. It used to be ambae was a little harsh and I could only have a small amount but now they are all even harsher than that. Mind you I am still drinking shell after shell of kwk ghk and vinaka with no issues at all.

Anyone else has this problem?
I don't use their kava anymore. Seems to work fine for others, but will make me throw up, and I'm a hard root head when it comes to kava drinking.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Glad to see I'm not alone. I have noticed I can stomach the kadavu fairly well if Its 1:3 in the shell rotations and I go light on it. It is a very strong kava. But Ras is still giving me trouble.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Glad to see I'm not alone. I have noticed I can stomach the kadavu fairly well if Its 1:3 in the shell rotations and I go light on it. It is a very strong kava. But Ras is still giving me trouble.
Sounds like it's just not a good fit for you which is totally legit. Plenty of over kavas in the sea!

Some of my favorite hard hitting kavas will either have terrible dermo side effects, or will hit my stomach hard. Squanch has been my go to kava after I'm done beating myself over the head with other strains. Mainly because it has the most mild side effects when it comes to stomach upset and skin issues. Also, it's still nice and potent, just more stimulating so have to be careful with bedtimes.