What's new

strength comparison

rayken

Kava Enthusiast
for those that have had both how would you compare a ounce of kalm concentrate or one of their full kalm drinks with say a tbsp of micro ghk in terms of strength of effects?

Jalak

Kava Curious
The micro is going to have more pronounced effects. Kalm is more subtle, but tastes great. My preference is to actually add kalm concentrate to other kava to improve taste and round out the experience. A tbsp of moi with an ounce of concentrate is delicious, and drinkable without my usual chaser of ginger ale or carbonated water.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
Some folks may not recommend this, but here is something I do. Each Sunday I make a cold brew coffee and this will last me a week in the fridge. I will either put one TEAspoon of moi micro or instant in it also. This does change the flavor of the coffee, but gives a good initial kick for the morning. I am currently out of moi and I have spent over $200 in the last 2 months trying out different kava, the wifu is starting to give me the stink eye. Not sure why, this stuff helps her have multiple and more intense ummmm "peaks". But I digress, now I am putting a couple kava candies to dissolve in the mix. I see all these free samples given out... How does one get in on this. I have already tried 8 types of kava from different vendors and I want freebies :angelic cause it's going to be a few months+ before I can get back on the buying spree.... The only two missing from below is the Moi and Mahekea that I have already finished...
Kava Kava.jpg

Last edited:

Runding

Kava Enthusiast
Some folks may not recommend this, but here is something I do. Each Sunday I make a cold brew coffee and this will last me a week in the fridge. I will either put one TEAspoon of moi micro or instant in it also. This does change the flavor of the coffee, but gives a good initial kick for the morning. I am currently out of moi and I have spent over $200 in the last 2 months trying out different kava, the wifu is starting to give me the stink eye. Not sure why, this stuff helps her have multiple and more intense ummmm "peaks". But I digress, now I am putting a couple kava candies to dissolve in the mix. I see all these free samples given out... How does one get in on this. I have already tried 8 types of kava from different vendors and I want freebies :angelic cause it's going to be a few months+ before I can get back on the buying spree.... The only two missing from below is the Moi and Mahekea that I have already finished...
View attachment 3722
Talk to the vendors directly. Helps put a character behind the name :)

How's that KWK waka? It's the best, IMO.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
Talk to the vendors directly. Helps put a character behind the name :)

How's that KWK waka? It's the best, IMO.
. Freebies are fun, but not needed I mostly joking ;). The KWK Fiji Loa was the strongest Heady kava I have had to date. Rather euphoric... I made a larger batch than my usual and wow! That may be my go to Friday kava. I have some GHK hanki on order, but it's been on the pacific rowboat all week!