What's new

Kava Preparation Strong Shell of Grog?

Howdy Kava Crowd,
I have a question about the merits of a strong shell of grog. To clarify, I am wondering if there are any significant benefits of making one shell of concentrated grog using a high ratio of medium ground Kava powder to a low amount of water, rather than drinking multiple normal strength Kava grog. I have an AluBottle with three AluBalls as my only way to make shells of Kava for any of you that are wondering what I am working with.
Thanks for any advice,
KavaCowboy307

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
There's a point where not enough water will hinder the full extraction of a large amount of root, but in general yes, more root, kneaded in less water equals stronger beverage. I typically knead/strain 8tbsp (or more) in 2 or 3 cups of water.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Howdy Kava Crowd,
I have a question about the merits of a strong shell of grog. To clarify, I am wondering if there are any significant benefits of making one shell of concentrated grog using a high ratio of medium ground Kava powder to a low amount of water, rather than drinking multiple normal strength Kava grog. I have an AluBottle with three AluBalls as my only way to make shells of Kava for any of you that are wondering what I am working with.
Thanks for any advice,
KavaCowboy307
Yes if you wish to invoke the krunk, absolutely, that is the key. But as shakas says, there is a limit to how low that water ratio can go and that is around 3:1 depending on the grind and some cannot go that low.

There’s nothing wrong if you like it strong, you just can’t drink very strong kava very often without getting some gnarly effects. So just push it to the max without going over the line. If you like.