What's new

Stronger Kavas... lower dosage?

Hello.
Just saw the review on the Nangol Noble and it seems to be wide awake. I was wondering something. Does it help to use less tablespoons on the stronger Kava's to mitigate this a bit? Or, is there a certain threshold that one must use to elicit it's effects? To be honest, it would be great to have a Kava in which you could use less.
Thanks.....

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Yeah sadly it's true. I generally find I need less of GHKs tho. Alot compare damn close but whenever I get used to using like 4 tbsp of a kava I'll have some GHK and be like holy shit a little less would've sufficed haha. Nangol noble is one that you may want to use lessm

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
As a wise man once said to me (Kavadude or Deleted User01 I seem to remember...) you can always add more but you can't take away. If you've got a strong kava and you don't want to over do it just go slow and give the kava time to show itself. I've always thought that some kavas can take up to an hour to show all of their effects. If that's the case I don't think you need to be topping yourself up every 20 mins unless you really know what you are doing!

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Agreed a few times I've had a shell and just let that ride and It kept going through different phases it was really sweet actually I enjoyed it more than a second shell.
It seems sometimes that next shell ruins the first one ?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
With instants I will often wait up to an hour before the second shell anyway especially if the first was a strong one or I should say if it hit me more than I expected. If I've been drinking kava for a few days in a row I will need less anyway and I often find it hard to judge how much I need but by spacing the shells differently according to my needs I am sort of counteracting that.