What's new

Stuff to mix kava in?

Alexie

Hey there!
I wanted to get some feedback: lately I have been mixing my BKH 11 year kava (instant) with Almond milk due to the kavalactones being fat soluble, therefore, feeling the effect a lot more (as opposed to drinking it in water - huuuge difference btw).
The problem is that I often feel sick after consuming a few cups due to the kava taste with the almond milk so I need something with "some" fat in it and not dairy-based. Anyone have any suggestions? What do you mix your kava in?
Thank you in advance!!

Last edited:

chasemandingo

Kava Enthusiast
Mix my kava in water. I usually chase with an acidic juice if it is a pungent kava. The Hawaiian stuff needs no chaser

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I virtually always just use water, but when I want to get krunk I use a really low liquid ratio and use 2/3 water to 1/3 coconut milk as my liquid. Wwhat I use is 4 TBS medium grind, 4 TBS coconut milk and 8 TBS water. That's for some serious krunkitude, tho.

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
I virtually always just use water, but when I want to get krunk I use a really low liquid ratio and use 2/3 water to 1/3 coconut milk as my liquid. Wwhat I use is 4 TBS medium grind, 4 TBS coconut milk and 8 TBS water. That's for some serious krunkitude, tho.
But that probably doesn't work with the aluball, right? I suppose the coconut milk, even when mixed with water, is too thick and clogs up the ball. Have you tried it out?

Tfin

Kava Enthusiast
After you're prepared it whether by traditional prep or AluBall, try mixing in just a bit of liquid chocolate sauce like what you would use to make chocolate milk....just not as much.
I'm actually almost enjoying the taste of kava now!

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Hey there!
I wanted to get some feedback: lately I have been mixing my BKH 11 year kava (instant) with Almond milk due to the kavalactones being fat soluble, therefore, feeling the effect a lot more (as opposed to drinking it in water - huuuge difference btw).
The problem is that I often feel sick after consuming a few cups due to the kava taste with the almond milk so I need something with "some" fat in it and not dairy-based. Anyone have any suggestions? What do you mix your kava in?
Thank you in advance!!
In my microgind days I mixed that stuff with pretty much everything under the sun. Coffee creamer, milk, juices, coffee, sugary flavorings, coconut water - all it did was prolong the agony of choking down the gritty mixture. In the end I got to the point of minimizing the amount of water I mixed it with and pounded it down. Did the head shaking and the gagging noise of a dog eating a small rodent and chased it with water. If I wanted to add some fat, I did it after I drank the kava with a bit of cheese or other dairy.
Since switching to medium grind I quite enjoy the taste of most kavas. Hawaiian and Tongans can be quite creamy and delicious. There are still some strong Fijians and Vanuatu that are a bit more bitter but still nothing like microgrind.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hey there!
Thank you in advance!!
You can also check out this link to a sub-forum we keep of recipes by members. Welcome to kf.
http://kavaforums.com/forum/forums/kava-lounge.14/?prefix_id=13