What's new

Suggestions on new kava

Rebecca C

Hello. So a while back I got some Nangol Noble from BKH and really liked the effects (more talkative, really relaxed, happy, almost euphoric). I tried to reorder but they were sold out so I got Awa Mahakea from Gourmet Hawaiian Kava. It was nice (less stomach upset from this) but didn't give me the same effects like the Nangol Noble. I'm wondering if the Nangol Noble upset my stomach more because it is totally ground vs the Mahakea that is medium grind? Fast forward and I ordered more of the Nangol Noble when it became available and it doesn't give me anywhere near the same effect as my first bag I used (and I ordered A LOT of it ha). Any suggestions for something similar I can try that will give me the desired effect listed above but in a medium grind so it is easier on my stomach? (if my assumption is correct about how finely ground it is and bloating issues?). Thanks!

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
I also loved that last batch of Nangol and drank a lot of it. I haven't tried the new one yet though. Others in that range of effects and potency would be Nambawan, 5 Star (realkava.com), Stone (Nakamal at Home) and possibly Kava Supreme (kavafied). Depending on the batch, Supreme may be better blended with something like Nambawan to get the effects you are wanting.

As far as the stomach issues, that's really common with a lot of kava. You could try a more restrictive straining bag or drink teas from peppermint or ginger to help. The fijian strainers that BKH sells goes well with their very fine grind. I do find the effects to be better with that grind.

Bec2854

Kava Curious
I also loved that last batch of Nangol and drank a lot of it. I haven't tried the new one yet though. Others in that range of effects and potency would be Nambawan, 5 Star (realkava.com), Stone (Nakamal at Home) and possibly Kava Supreme (kavafied). Depending on the batch, Supreme may be better blended with something like Nambawan to get the effects you are wanting.

As far as the stomach issues, that's really common with a lot of kava. You could try a more restrictive straining bag or drink teas from peppermint or ginger to help. The fijian strainers that BKH sells goes well with their very fine grind. I do find the effects to be better with that grind.
Thank you so much! I’ll look into those!

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
BKH nambawan is like Nangol but even more potent. You might also seek Tongan fuʻu, Tongan pouni ono, or Hawaiian moʻi. Maybe some Fijian blends, too.