What's new

Sunburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyforkava

Kava Enthusiast
So I got sunburnt when I was out on the crab boat today. Has anyone used kava to help with the discomfort that sunburn brings? I have some micro papa kea I'm going to be doing to see if it helps any.

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
If you drink a potent (body) kava, you just won't feel much of anything, such as papa kea. I really think that if you work on a boat, you are better off investing in a super high SPF cream and some aloe gell or spray. Cover yourself up. Don't let anyone tell you that kava fixes sunburn. Future skin cancer is a far bigger concern than discomfort.

krazyforkava

Kava Enthusiast
Trust me, I know, I just happened to forget my 100 SPF sunscreen today. I usually put it on. I also put some of my aloe vera on from my personal plant that I have. The papa kea is helping me out right now though.

Poivrier

methystified
In Tahiti they have a beautiful oil called Monoi, it's made with coconut oil and Tiaré flower (Gardenia tahitensis) it has an heavenly scent and is used to sooth and repair the skin after sun exposure. It is extremely popular in France, I don't know if it is easy to find in other countries though.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monoi_oil

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
I am in the middle of RT but Papa Kea at least tingles me. It must be some good stuff. Too bad I ran out of my sample.

krazyforkava

Kava Enthusiast
@Poivrier Interesting, I've never heard of it before. How well does it actually work for sunburn?

@Pacifico Papa kea is a great kava to have around once you get past RT. Really did help with the discomfort and the aloe vera already has my skin looking a ton better. I definitely won't forget the sunscreen tomorrow though!

Poivrier

methystified
I don't know how well it works for sunburn but it makes your skin smooth, I like it so much that I started to grow tiaré.
I have been severely sunburned when I was a child so I developed a "6th sense" for how much Sun my skin can take, it is very useful since I live in the subtropics.

Status
Not open for further replies.