What's new

Kava Preparation Super strong mix

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
In the name of giving my poor bladder a break, I’ve begun mixing my grog stronger. I know there is still some diuretic effects from kava no matter what, but chugging all that liquid is a hassle!
So today I’m experimenting with 1/3 cup of root to 2 cups of water traditionally prepared. I like it a lot more than I thought I would! I’m not completely peeing my brains out and am still well hydrated. Also the taste is not as bad as I predicted.
Anyone else do this in the name of less bathroom trips?

PapaMoi

Kava Enthusiast
In the name of giving my poor bladder a break, I’ve begun mixing my grog stronger. I know there is still some diuretic effects from kava no matter what, but chugging all that liquid is a hassle!
So today I’m experimenting with 1/3 cup of root to 2 cups of water traditionally prepared. I like it a lot more than I thought I would! I’m not completely peeing my brains out and am still well hydrated. Also the taste is not as bad as I predicted.
Yes! I cut my water down when traditional prepping but usually still drink water with kava...within reason. If I cut most of the water out I end up with dermo., Nausea, and/or other side effects. I found chicken broth or Gatorade helps keep me hydrated when lowering the water content of my kava. It's crazy how much certain kavas affect my bladder.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Yes! I cut my water down when traditional prepping but usually still drink water with kava...within reason. If I cut most of the water out I end up with dermo., Nausea, and/or other side effects. I found chicken broth or Gatorade helps keep me hydrated when lowering the water content of my kava. It's crazy how much certain kavas affect my bladder.
It’s great to have the heads up on potential increased side effects. So far I’m doing a good job on the hydration, proud to say! Chicken broth is a great idea as I avoid Gatorade due to the sugar levels.

the_wilderness

Kava Enthusiast
*shudders* Yes. I do. But I use micro, so it's thicker and worse tasting (imo) again...having a constitution that requires a higher dose sucks for kava. I don't think my gag reflex would take it any further. No way could I get it down if I was using more than what I am now. It would basically be a solid.
Remember being served nakamal-style tea, no soup at all, and I was all THIS IS ALMOST DELICIOUS but a night of shells had zero effect. C'est la vie.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Yes! I like to stay hydrated before and after drinking my kava but not with my kava. I find that making a real strong kava grog is the best for me. I like that strong kick a few minutes after drinking it and then follow up with more as the night goes on. If I make the same amount of kava with a lot more water it just doesn't feel the same.