What's new

Swede stepping out of the lurking shadows

Kajsa Kavat

Kava Curious
Hi,
I'm new to Kava Forums and I want to present myself - this is me stepping out of the lurking shadows. Before saying anything else I just want to say: what a beautiful forum this is! Really good vibes you guys have created here. I'm glad I found this place because it's a combination of science threads and personal experiences with a collective mindset that everybody helps everybody. Nice! The northerner joins!

About two weeks ago I ordered my first kava. To be honest I'm a bit nervous since I'm living in Sweden and I'm having a hard time finding information about the legal status of kava. Kava is not classified as a first classed drug (like everything else here...) but I know it's illegal to sell. I'm not planing to sell it, but whether or not it's legal for me to import for personal use is still unclear after many weeks of looking for answers on Google. Anyone who got more information about this? I guess I'll just have to wait and see if the customs confiscates it. I bought the Eva from Cactus Kava because a swedish friend have ordered it and got it through customs. Also Eva seems as a good first bag of kava.

My first and only experience with kava was this summer in the Lisbon Airport in Portugal. I experienced a strong fear of flying at the time and a friend of mine offered me some kava. I didn't know what it was. The only explanation I got from her was "it makes you horny ;D". Now I've learned that it was an Instant Kava Mix from Kava King I drank. After drinking it, a few minutes goes by and I found myself experiencing the most significant reduction of anxiety in my life. I flew home chill as cucumber and landed with a strong realization that I need more kava in my otherwise anxiety filled life.

So, currently I'm waiting on my kava. The first thing I do in the morning is to check the tracking updates of the package (though USPS have stopped updating me since the hurricane - have the same happened to you? Regardless of the effect on mine or anyones package, my thoughts are with those whom have been severely affected by the hurricane). In the meantime me and my partner have made our own bilos - a really nice experience when preparing and longing for kava.

I'm studying cognitive neuroscience so I'm enjoying the science threads about the neurochemistry as well as sɥɐʞɐs's blood liver results summery - its one of my favorites. Also the music threads are great!

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and break free from the lurking. Wishing you all a good sunday (or saturday... or monday or whatever day it is in your country)!
Skål from Sweden!

AlohaAimee

Kava Enthusiast
Welcome! I am still pretty new to these forums and kava as well. This is a super helpful and friendly community! I attribute it to helping me fall even more in love with kava.

I look forward to interacting with another female on here. There seem to be way more males into kava, at least that's what I've noticed.

Welcome!

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I'm not sure if @Odourman still logs in, but he could probably tell you all about the best kava/shipping as it pertains to Sweden. I remember him having some problems with customs holding his packages sometimes.

Another shipping option that people in Europe have used is Stackry.com, to get it shipped via DHL anywhere in the world.

Last edited:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I'm not sure if @Odourman still logs in, but he could probably tell you all about the best kava/shipping as it pertains to Sweden. I remember him having some problems with customs holding his packages sometimes.

Another shipping option that people in Europe have used is Stackry.com, to get it shipped via DHL anywhere in the world.
Welcome!!!
Just in case you havent seen a picture of shakas yet....

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Welcome! So happy to hear you found kava and are really into it! I've used cactus kava products in the past. They're pretty decent and inexpensive which is nice.
I have two friends from Sweden and it warms my heart to see another person from there. Your country seems so awesome!

@AlohaAimee , I know what you men about more men than women. I can't get any of my local lady friends into kava but all my male friends love it. There's more women on here though! You just have to find them.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Welcome! So happy to hear you found kava and are really into it! I've used cactus kava products in the past. They're pretty decent and inexpensive which is nice.
I have two friends from Sweden and it warms my heart to see another person from there. Your country seems so awesome!

@AlohaAimee , I know what you men about more men than women. I can't get any of my local lady friends into kava but all my male friends love it. There's more women on here though! You just have to find them.
That gave me a thought... I could add a kavapedia entry to show posts by women. At least members that have declared gender.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
This could be pretty neat provided the women aren't hassled by men. None of the men here seem this way though, so I personally am not worried about it.
Yes we drank kava, my friends and I, boys and girls. Yes, we drank kava, I like kava, I still like kava, we drank kava....Yeah, we drank kava, and I said sometimes, sometimes probably had too many shells, and sometimes other people had too many shells. We drank kava, I like kava.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Hi,
I'm new to Kava Forums and I want to present myself - this is me stepping out of the lurking shadows. Before saying anything else I just want to say: what a beautiful forum this is! Really good vibes you guys have created here. I'm glad I found this place because it's a combination of science threads and personal experiences with a collective mindset that everybody helps everybody. Nice! The northerner joins!

About two weeks ago I ordered my first kava. To be honest I'm a bit nervous since I'm living in Sweden and I'm having a hard time finding information about the legal status of kava. Kava is not classified as a first classed drug (like everything else here...) but I know it's illegal to sell. I'm not planing to sell it, but whether or not it's legal for me to import for personal use is still unclear after many weeks of looking for answers on Google. Anyone who got more information about this? I guess I'll just have to wait and see if the customs confiscates it. I bought the Eva from Cactus Kava because a swedish friend have ordered it and got it through customs. Also Eva seems as a good first bag of kava.

My first and only experience with kava was this summer in the Lisbon Airport in Portugal. I experienced a strong fear of flying at the time and a friend of mine offered me some kava. I didn't know what it was. The only explanation I got from her was "it makes you horny ;D". Now I've learned that it was an Instant Kava Mix from Kava King I drank. After drinking it, a few minutes goes by and I found myself experiencing the most significant reduction of anxiety in my life. I flew home chill as cucumber and landed with a strong realization that I need more kava in my otherwise anxiety filled life.

So, currently I'm waiting on my kava. The first thing I do in the morning is to check the tracking updates of the package (though USPS have stopped updating me since the hurricane - have the same happened to you? Regardless of the effect on mine or anyones package, my thoughts are with those whom have been severely affected by the hurricane). In the meantime me and my partner have made our own bilos - a really nice experience when preparing and longing for kava.

I'm studying cognitive neuroscience so I'm enjoying the science threads about the neurochemistry as well as sɥɐʞɐs's blood liver results summery - its one of my favorites. Also the music threads are great!

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and break free from the lurking. Wishing you all a good sunday (or saturday... or monday or whatever day it is in your country)!
Skål from Sweden!
Welcome aboard! I think you could be a great resource for this forum with your background in cognitive neuroscience. It sounds like you have done your research before buying but feel free to ask questions as you begin your journey into kava.