What's new

Swishing Kava Around in Mouth

Bitter Pill

Kava Curious
I've also noticed this, but it feels really heavy. I don't really have a favourite strain, I just go with what I can afford. Though I'd stick with Borongoru if I had the money. I usually use 5g in the aluball, but sometimes put 10g in a straining bag and massage the traditional way. I sit with it in my mouth for about 5 minutes while peacfully watching TV and I slowly feel the muscle and nerve relaxant effects take place. I feel even heady kavas will have an effect like this. I've learnt my lesson not to drink fast anymore unless it a really weak one.

I also have some "cut and sifted" roots I bought (1lb) a while ago and still havec yet to finish them. I store the chewed roots and plan to make a drink with them, but it's only me that'll be drinking it (unless other don't mind my saliva) so it's not that gross. My guess is the amylase will help break down the starch and help extract more kavalactones. I plan to rehydrate and freeze my used kava as Krunky reminded me how the crystalising water will break apart the roots even more to aid extraction.

Bitter Pill

Kava Curious
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I been meaning to mention this for some time and didn't know others had talked about this as well.