What's new

Switching strains during RT buildup

Johnny Frye

It's all about supply and command
I've read that if you switch strains halfway through the buildup of RT then you'd lose all or some of your progress due to the differences in chemotype. Is there anything to this or is it BS?

Thanks all

Johnny

verticity

I'm interested in things
Sounds like BS, there is no logical reason why that would happen. If you change from a very heady strain to a more body-heavy strain or vice versa, you may experience different effects than what you have come to expect, so may interpret that as weakness, but I don't think the actual effect would be weaker.

Johnny Frye

It's all about supply and command
Chillin. I just ordered some of Kalm's Borogu, I started out trying to break RT using only GHK's Mo'i, but I can see now the stuff might best be saved for when I can truly appreciate it. Plus Kalm will be a bit easier on my pocketbook. ::awesomesmiles::

blindy107

Kava Lover
I think you might lose a little, but you certainly wouldn't lose all. I notice when I change cultivars (which isn't very often), it can seem weak the first day.
I find that interesting Deleted User. For me, it seems the more often I change cultivars the more effect they have. On the flip side, anytime I get a new kava in the mail the first night I open and drink some is the best kava night I've ever had! That's why I drink it for a few days before reviewing...haha.

Welcome to the forums as well @Johnny Frye

Reactions: Ell