What's new

Taking a brake from kava.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vice

Kava Enthusiast
I know that's sounds horrible! But I spend some time every summer working on my inlaws family cottage on the Maine coast. Believe me I'm not complaining. It's the most beautiful places I've ever been. The reasons I lay off the kava is im usually drinking beers all day and night. Sounds healthy right? I'm a little worried about my kava usage and than the intake of alcohol, but I do use a ton of tumric and I drink lots of chaga every day. I do find I don't sleep very well with out my beloved rooty drink. I have some other herbs that help but not like kava. What do others use when you take brakes if there are others?

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
Blue lotus is a mild hypnotic and its great for helping with sleep. It may potentiate the euphoric effects of alcohol. The ancient Egyptians actually let it soak in wine and then drank it! Blue lotus has interesting effects with kava as well.

Vice

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks for your replies. I used to drink every night/day. But I go months with out any alcohol at all. I go over friends houses where everyone is drinking and most times I don't have anything. But drinking is part of the experience of going to the cottage. Id much rather be drinking my beloved root. I know there is some countries that are jerks and won't let kava through customs. Probably most of the other herbs that help with stress,pain,sleep wouldn't be allowed as well. It such when you rely so much on something that helps so much

ThePiper

Kava Lover
If your taking the "brake" from kava at least you've still got the accelerator for kava! Vroom vroom BULA!

...right? Sorry I couldn't help myself when i saw the title. Possibly the stupidest pun I've ever made. :wacky:

Vice

Kava Enthusiast
If your taking the "brake" from kava at least you've still got the accelerator for kava! Vroom vroom BULA!

...right? Sorry I couldn't help myself when i saw the title. Possibly the stupidest pun I've ever made. :wacky:
Believe me when I get home I really look forward to stomping on the "gas" peddle to get me to krunk town USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.