What's new

Kava Recipe Tasty Monkey Butt

K

Kava Steve

Ingredients:
i just went down to safeway and picked up some frozen hawaiian concentrate of passion, guava and orange and got a tub of powdered vitamin c (absorbic acid).... when my micro gets here today i will report back :)

WP_20150606_002.jpg

Notes:
well it works... Neutralized Micronized Moi... Enjoy when you can't afford he kalm with kava

P.s. Mixing ratios will vary with prep

the key really is just to add enough concentrate and vitamin C powder to the prepped kava water until you can't taste the kava anymore just super sweet then when serving a shell do 60/40 kava coctail to water ratio.... This will tame down the sweetness and be pleasant to drink.

my wife chugged two shells and she wont normally drink kava

I will have to play around with the recipe more and test different strains before I would be comfortable with specifics but anyone who wants to try this you know you have it right when you cant taste the kava but your tongue turns numb​

Last edited by a moderator:

verticity

I'm interested in things
Interesting recipe. I have been using citric acid from Crystal Light lemonade mix, which is the same principle. However I was just reading about citric acid and ascorbic acid, and neither of them are free of side effects at high doses, gastrointestinal especially. So I would just suggest using the minimum amount needed.

One time I tried using orange-flavored mix, which had a lot of ascorbic acid, instead of lemonade mix, which is mostly just citric acid, and the ascorbic acid actually seemed to cause some kind of reaction. The grog became clear-ish, and the emulsified particles all dropped to the bottom of the bowl, as if they had become heavier. I don't know if it was actually a chemical reaction, or somehow physically disrupting the emulsifying effect. I'm also not sure if it was from the ascorbic acid, or something else in the mix. But it was interesting. The grog was still potent, but it was necessary to stir it before each drink.

K

Kava Steve

you can see that same effect if you look close at the blendtec jar

yeah another way with this recipe I found last night was if you just do one to two teaspoons of micro in a shell then poor in the Hawaiian drink mix after its been made into juice it keeps the sweetness down and there was no need for powdered C. It worked for all the micros except boroguru.