What's new

Taveuni's Secret is back in stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fig

I'm going to get that next order. Just got my two half pounds of Savusavu. Excellent like my last order. Fast, fast, fast shipping! Thank you!

PepperyPyrone

I'll have the pyrones with some pepper, please.
Ordered! Can't wait to try it. @Deleted User01 I would have to agree, thank you for all the great analyses you have performed on your kava. It makes ordering so much easier. :bigmoney: ::chugger::

Last edited:

John Bytell

Kava Enthusiast
Looks good! @Kava Time do you have an ETA for some more Kadavu? If it's gonna be a while I'll order some of this now before it's gone, but I'd like to order both at the same time! ;)

Ricardo Piquant

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm not liking this batch as much as the last. Not as aromatic, and the effect is not nearly as sharp as last batch. It feels "muddy", so to speak. Just my opinion. .. your results will certainly vary.

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
I'm not liking this batch as much as the last. Not as aromatic, and the effect is not nearly as sharp as last batch. It feels "muddy", so to speak. Just my opinion. .. your results will certainly vary.
The new batch has a different chemotype and is more potent according to TK test results on our analysis page. The area where it was harvested from was rocky which restricted the growth in size. They were matured and very long roots but mostly thin. Same cultivar as the previous batch. I think the soil played a part in creating the difference. There was less of the 'white' flesh on the kava than usual if that makes any sense..

PepperyPyrone

I'll have the pyrones with some pepper, please.
I enjoyed it, its definitely a social kava. @Kava Time thanks for the detail of the harvest, that kind of information is nice to know! Keep em coming!

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
If I remember right, the old secret had 12% kl and this batch has 10%. I Could be wrong.
The 12% kl was on the kadavu tested by USP. We have dropped all those tests and now onward will be using True Kava results, all of which has been updated on our website analysis page. Last TK KL results for the Taveuni was at 9.18% and this time is 10.35%.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Drinking Taveuni's Secret right now for the first time. Nice mild taste. Feels heady.

Had three 200 shells over the course of 45 minutes was just floating. Don't wanna overdo it so I'm done for now. About to eat dinner and see if it kicks.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Alright, Taveuni's Secret is quality kava. Had about 3 hours of nice heady mellow enjoyment then went straight to bed and slept like a baby.

Just mixed some up again. Skipped lunch, so this time I made it niVan strength. Having 150 shells between snacking on a mango. Oh yeah... did I say that the taste is very mellow?

Well, the taste is very mellow! Just a light earthy bitterness. No pine or pepper taste at all. It's goooood.

The grind feels pretty fine for a "medium" grind, too. No complaints from me. The few larger pieces that didn't get ground into fine powder all look like lateral roots. Nothing resembling crown chips at all. When they say waka, they mean waka.

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
Alright, Taveuni's Secret is quality kava. Had about 3 hours of nice heady mellow enjoyment then went straight to bed and slept like a baby.

Just mixed some up again. Skipped lunch, so this time I made it niVan strength. Having 150 shells between snacking on a mango. Oh yeah... did I say that the taste is very mellow?

Well, the taste is very mellow! Just a light earthy bitterness. No pine or pepper taste at all. It's goooood.

The grind feels pretty fine for a "medium" grind, too. No complaints from me. The few larger pieces that didn't get ground into fine powder all look like lateral roots. Nothing resembling crown chips at all. When they say waka, they mean waka.
Is this the first time you purchased from us?

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
I have been daytime aluballin Taveuni for the last 3 days and I must say it does not make me want to take a nap after 2 hours like other Fijian kavas. It's definitely a keeper in the daytime arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.