What's new

Tell me more on these theories of urinary benefits of Kava, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
I have seen and heard general mentions of kava's possible benefits to the urinary system or kidneys, though usually qualified by the word "anecdotal".
Anecdotal or not, can anyone elaborate more on what exactly are the theorized benefits on the urinary system, such as what actual conditions it may
help, wihether it's UTI's, etc, etc.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I have seen and heard general mentions of kava's possible benefits to the urinary system or kidneys, though usually qualified by the word "anecdotal".
Anecdotal or not, can anyone elaborate more on what exactly are the theorized benefits on the urinary system, such as what actual conditions it may
help, wihether it's UTI's, etc, etc.
Kava completely wiped out every urinary tract symptom or problem I had, which I had mistakenly chalked up to "old age" but was probably, based on how it got cleared out, some kind of inflammation. It is my belief that it is specifically Fijian waka which is good for this, which is why I try to make sure about 50% of the kava I drink is Fijian wake of some sort. Right now it's josh kumar's wedding party taveuni 1:1 with best Fijian lawena. That lawena completely neutralizes that funky old $20 bill taste and makes the grog really quite tasty. And not quite as strong.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
What about the fact that kava tends to make a lot of people pee more ?
Is this an indication of a bad thing ?
Or is it actually a good thing, that it's flushing junk out of your system ?

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
As long as you stay hydrated to match your kava intake, kava will prevent kidney stones. It keeps the waterworks flowing all the time, so stones never have a chance to start.

I've also heard that back in colonial times, kava was considered a good remedy for the clap. Maybe just the extra urine volume keeping things irrigated? Or maybe it adds antimicrobial or anti-inflammatory properties to urine?

I add urine to my compost. It ferments in a bucket for a few days before going onto active compost heaps, and I've never noticed kava-pee reducing the activity in a cooking compost heap. If there are antimicrobial properties, a few days of brewing is enough to break it down.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
I’m going to go ahead and resurrect this old thread. I have a UTI for which I’m currently taking antibiotics for. The flushing thing seems like a benefit as I’m supposed to be doing that anyways. I’m not so sure about the anti-inflammatory properties, but heavy kava does help with the pain. It doesn’t seem to be preventing worsening of the situation, but I’m sensitive to these things so perhaps that’s irrelevant. :unsure: Or I need more sleep on the up coming kid free days I have coming up here. Extra sleep would be so nice. :sleep:

Status
Not open for further replies.