What's new

Thanks FDA for making me paranoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelmitchell

Kava Curious
So the first thing of kava I ever got was a extract bottle and when you peeled the label back is had this FDA warning saying it could cause liver failure or something. So fast forward 1 year later when I full on use kava I had a pain in my side and the first thing to come to mind was LIVER FAILURE GOTTA QUIT KAVA!. Then I looked it all up and about noble kava and how none toxic it is. Then I looked up where liver pains happen and I felt like slapping myself they happen in your back. So I guess it I just had to go the bathroom or something but the FDA plagued my paranoid mind that kava is gonna harm me. Someone ease my mind a little more plz? :(

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
So the first thing of kava I ever got was a extract bottle and when you peeled the label back is had this FDA warning saying it could cause liver failure or something. So fast forward 1 year later when I full on use kava I had a pain in my side and the first thing to come to mind was LIVER FAILURE GOTTA QUIT KAVA!. Then I looked it all up and about noble kava and how none toxic it is. Then I looked up where liver pains happen and I felt like slapping myself they happen in your back. So I guess it I just had to go the bathroom or something but the FDA plagued my paranoid mind that kava is gonna harm me. Someone ease my mind a little more plz? :(
As long as you weren't following each shell with an acetaminophen/Paracetamol/Tylenol then I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
just drink grog, a beverage made from just water and medium grind, using traditional or quasi-traditional methods and drink in moderation and as long as you do not have a rare and specific allergy, you're not drunk or pregnant or both, you should be just fine. I constantly have to get my liver panels done. I drink 2 - 3L a day of grog and my liver, my liver at least, is jim dandy.

Kelmitchell

Kava Curious
I have been drinking two water bottles of kava a day at night. (ptsd) I have issues at night but I cant sleep. The kava has been helping clam me and I also have social anxiety really really bad. But I have been going into voice chat with random people and talking for hours while drinking kava Ive had the sudden urge to meet people. Im agoraphobic so I dont have many friends. But in the 2 weeks I been on kava I made at least 3 new friends. I dont wanna stop. I wish I had a way to take it in public where it wasnt in liquid form and just as powerful so I didnt have the take benzos to go to the doc. Also is there any way to make the effects last longer. Not stronger but longer.They seem to fade after about a hour of not drinking but I drink alot of water cause of the meds im on for my schizophrenic disorder. And tho I take alot of meds not a single one has had a bad reaction to the kava. I know i was prob stupid for doing that but I looked it up and found nothing. If you guys would like me to list the meds im on that dont react with kava I can.

Kelmitchell

Kava Curious
Also I just wana state I dont EVER take benzos with kava, I wait atleast 15 hours to take kava again after takening a benzo from the doc. Idk how long is good to wait but I picked that number cause I thought I felt safe.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I would try the kava candies. Those are great for on the go.
Also I would just make the kava very strong then dilute it down and drink throughout the day.
But candies are great way to keep it going

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
They seem to fade after about a hour of not drinking but I drink alot of water cause of the meds im on for my schizophrenic disorder. And tho I take alot of meds not a single one has had a bad reaction to the kava. I know i was prob stupid for doing that but I looked it up and found nothing. If you guys would like me to list the meds im on that dont react with kava I can.
No kava of any kind has been proven to cause liver damage. Depending on what medications you are prescribed, there have been known interactions between some antipsychotic drugs and kava.

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Learn to love me, assemble the ways...
Also I just wana state I dont EVER take benzos with kava, I wait atleast 15 hours to take kava again after takening a benzo from the doc. Idk how long is good to wait but I picked that number cause I thought I felt safe.
Kava with benzos is safe, for sure. This one has been studied. I take massive amount of Klonopin daily. although, kava can help me skip an entire dose of klonopin if I feel like it, I can still safely use kava with benzos. They don't even bind to the same receptor. So, just be aware of how you feel, personally. Otherwise, do not worry about the two interacting.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I wish I had a way to take it in public where it wasnt in liquid form and just as powerful so I didnt have the take benzos to go to the doc..
You can, nevertheless, always just take it in public in a liquid form. If for some reason you don't want to attract attention, just by one of those fancy iced coffee/milk drinks they sell in all the gas stations; empty out the bottle and put in some nice strong grog. In any case, I've found, to my great surprise, that a vast majority of people won't ask a follow-up question even if you just drink it our of a Nalgene and reply to inquiries that it is an herbal tea.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
You can, nevertheless, always just take it in public in a liquid form. If for some reason you don't want to attract attention, just by one of those fancy iced coffee/milk drinks they sell in all the gas stations; empty out the bottle and put in some nice strong grog. In any case, I've found, to my great surprise, that a vast majority of people won't ask a follow-up question even if you just drink it our of a Nalgene and reply to inquiries that it is an herbal tea.
My son thinks it's coffee lol! I've drank it in a clear bottle with a straw in meetings and no one said a word. No one is worried about what you're drinking unless drinks aren't allowed in that particular area.

Status
Not open for further replies.