What's new

The AluBall - A new and easy way to make Kava

Kavafied

Kava Vendor
Would dunking it in hot water be a problem?
The AluBall™ can be used in hot water. However, we don't want to promote using it in hot water as we are not big on steeping plastic materials in hot water even if it is qualified to do so. The shaker bottle is not suited for hot water use.

Last edited:

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Out of curiosity, what's the plastic? I assume it's a BPA-free food-safe kind. Hopefully not petroleum based.

starscolliding

Kava Curious
I definitely also agree on the marble idea. This is certainly worth trying! I agree 100% that we need some sort of device/machine to make this whole thing easier.

Now - can you please also sell an attachment that would hold this securely in a paint can? 30 seconds in a paint mixer and now we are talking!!

Idgie

Kava Enthusiast
Any updates on 'when' this might be available? I'm very excited about this - I have tendonitis (makes traditional prep difficult) and can't talk hubby into 'kneading' for 15 minutes- but I bet I can had him this and say 'here shake this for 30 seconds'.
:)

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
After reading the concept and seeing the product in use i'm much less skeptical than I was at first. I'll step in line for one also this is actually a great idea! For my on the go kava, I'll pre-make a big batch then bottle it accordingly, hoping to have enough to get me through an event or situation. usually Although, carrying around a "smartwater" bottle filled with muddy brown liquid seems a little odd and makes me feel a little uncomfortable occasionally. I like that it looks more like a nutritional shake type container. fits in more with the "protein shake" look and less like for someone to make a weird face and go "WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING?"

also, i'd probably dump the leftover root from the ball into a ziploc bag and put it in the freezer for later. enough uses of the ball and there's a decent second wash to make a batch go farther. I've been freezing leftover root on occasion to make it go as far as possible. always get at least a little something from it.

Piper Methysticum

Let Kava Take The Wheel
Thought I recognized the name, plays for our Bucs. Feel better that it's created by a native Hawaiian islander not a kava outsider with no direct connection to kava history or culture.

verticity

I'm interested in things
LOL verticity I'm with you on this one. 1-2 tbsp? That ain't nothin'.
I was confused when I wrote that comment. But a full session is like 45 g (about 6 tbsp), but one serving would be 1-2 tbsp. The instructions they give are for a single serving. It's not clear how much kava would actually fit in the ball: i.e. could you fit 6-8 tbsp in there to make a full batch?

krazyforkava

Kava Enthusiast
I will be too. That's why I was wondering why it isn't out yet. I don't have an Instagram, so I didn't know about how its coming along.

Kavafied

Kava Vendor
Wow we underestimated when we would be able to launch this product but it'll finally be ready to go in a few short weeks. Maybe we meant Summer 2015 in the Southern Hemisphere lol. Follow us on Instagram and Facebook @Kavafied for early giveaways!