What's new

The good stuff

Skywalker

Kava Enthusiast
A friend of mine just got back from Fiji where she packed a pound in her suitcase for me. All your suspicions are confirmed; they don’t send us the good stuff.

On another note. Has anyone tried roasting their kava? It works for coffee and who would have thought that?

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I doubt roasted kava would be any better. If it was a lot better, the traditional drinkers would be doing it. Some lactones may be destroyed at high temps as well

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
Think about it! If you made good wine, wouldn't you keep the best for yourself? Or what about the best apples? You're going to pick those before the help shows up and helps you pick for the market. The best kava's not going to leave the islands they're grown on. The best stuff's only going to be yours or maybe your friends and family if you love 'em enough to share.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
Just a few more decades and I can retire to Fiji and start my Kava farm...
*Nah, guy. You wanna start your kava farm on New Caledonia. Just ship out some Vanuatu varieties and some Fiji varieties, get a diverse mix, and start the New Caledonian market from the ground up. Fiji's got plenty of competition you may or may not be able to handle.

*Disclaimer: I have no knowledge of how to grow kava or knowledge on the kava growing industry to give apt advice on how to get your farm started. I'm just joshing you. Please don't take me seriously. I don't wanna be responsible for you getting stranded on a French overseas territory with dead kava plants and no money.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
*Nah, guy. You wanna start your kava farm on New Caledonia. Just ship out some Vanuatu varieties and some Fiji varieties, get a diverse mix, and start the New Caledonian market from the ground up. Fiji's got plenty of competition you may or may not be able to handle.

*Disclaimer: I have no knowledge of how to grow kava or knowledge on the kava growing industry to give apt advice on how to get your farm started. I'm just joshing you. Please don't take me seriously. I don't wanna be responsible for you getting stranded on a French overseas territory with dead kava plants and no money.
or Tahiti! or Costa Rica!

Jerome

Kava Lover
oh man, I was going to say, I haven't seen prices that low for a decent cup in a long time!

bogmonkey

Kava? Yes please!
My favorite thing about this forum is the amazing kava vendors I have found.
Any reputable kava source WILL sell out, so you need multiple sources. There are a lot of awful, faux-kava dealers out there and I have no clue how I would choose if it wasn't for this place!
Kava Time is my absolute favorite (their Gourmet Savusavu Waka is the best kava I have personally ever had). Followed by the kings of kava: Kavafied (Kava Tonga is their Premium Blend)
Nakamal at Home's "WOW" kava bats third.
May your life be in alignment and your kava be fresh

xbobmarle

Kava Curious
Was trying to decide what to order next. Just went through 3 half pound bags of GHK and wanted to try something else. I’ve always heard good stuff about Kava Time so I just ordered a pound of Savusavu.

Thanks for the recommendation!

bogmonkey

Kava? Yes please!
Was trying to decide what to order next. Just went through 3 half pound bags of GHK and wanted to try something else. I’ve always heard good stuff about Kava Time so I just ordered a pound of Savusavu.

Thanks for the recommendation!
Please post a review when you have a chance...I'm a very big fan of the Gourmet Savusavu. It's incredibly creamy, with hints of vanilla on the back end.
Just delectable...it grabs your brain and sinks the kava-tendrils deep into the cerebellum.
I'm currently DEEP into a custom blend of 50/50 (half Savusavu, half Kava Tonga from Kavafied) - two heavy hitters!

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Please post a review when you have a chance...I'm a very big fan of the Gourmet Savusavu. It's incredibly creamy, with hints of vanilla on the back end.
Just delectable...it grabs your brain and sinks the kava-tendrils deep into the cerebellum.
I'm currently DEEP into a custom blend of 50/50 (half Savusavu, half Kava Tonga from Kavafied) - two heavy hitters!
That would be a fine blend indeed