What's new

The most powerful Kava Kava on the market ?

aviavieu

Kava Enthusiast
Which store has the strongest Kava Kava. Which is comparable to a few beers, euphoria. There is also Kava Tudei

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Which store has the strongest Kava Kava. Which is comparable to a few beers, euphoria. There is also Kava Tudei
This question is difficult to answer. I do not think that there exists a single kava store with the strongest kava. Kava varies harvest to harvest and the same store will sell different kinds of kava. Secondly, "strongest" can also indicate several different things. Also, I find that sometimes I enjoy a certain stronger kava less than others that are a little weaker. A strong heady kava might not be considered strong for someone who is desiring a heavy kava. I don't think there is any single vendor who has the strongest kava.
That being said, I have enjoyed kavas that I, personally, consider strong from Kava Time, Bula Kava House, Kavafied, Kava Vinaka, Kava Kauai and others. I know there are other vendors out there (like Nakamal at Home) that I have never tried that also sell strong kavas. You would probably learn more by asking what everyone considers the strongest kavas available at the moment.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
VanuWAKA is the strongest I have ever tried, but I just make it more dilute, so I enjoy it at just above average strength. If I make it using typical water ratios it knocks me on my ass and I don't have as good a time.

I hear Stone from N@H is very strong and there are a bunch of new PNG isa and other isa available now. I have never tried any but people say they like them.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Melo melo is up there in strength regardless of who you get it from. Agree with nakamal at home stone, but haven't bought it in ages. It can be a little rough.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
But again, when you compare to beers and cite euphoria, you might find you prefer a heady kava for your purposes. When you ask people for the strongest kava, you're almost always going to get a bunch of heavy kavas listed. I've never tried Isa, but from the reviews and comments, even of those who like and support Tudei use, I've never gotten the impression that it is particularly euphoric. Maybe I'm wrong; unfortunately, while I don't have any big ideological or scientific/experiential reason to be totally opposed to it, I'm just not sufficiently interested in it to buy 1/2 lb of it.
@aviavieu, do you know if you prefer heady kavas, balanced, or heavy (though, I'm not sure that most heavy kavas aren't really just heavy and heady, as opposed to balanced being moderately heavy and heady...)?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
As @recentreturn says strength isn't a particularly useful metric when discussing kava. A lot depends on what you want from kava. Isa kavas are stronger in terms of kavalactone percent but never really the best experience overall. If you're trying to get off alcohol I would recommend a heavy kava. Whilst most of them couldn't really be described as euphoric the body melt and mental relaxation most closely replace the feeling of alcohol. I would say you'd be better off with something like Stone from N@H or Kavafied Supreme. Both of these are strong and heavy but still have a more rounded effect than just an isa kava on it's own.

aviavieu

Kava Enthusiast
t's about kave after which you do not feel only the improvement of humor, and you are clearly intoxicated and there is a change in consciousness

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I just drank some of that Ambae's Kava melomelo blend from KT and yeah, strong. Definitely strong.
Yeah, that stuff is somethin' else! I still got about 3/4 lbs left. I'd be recommending it to people looking for strong kava, but, maybe I'm mistaken, I haven't had the impression that it was going to be a recurring item. Kinda like their Dokobana Vula; I'd love to get another order of that, but I'm just gonna be grateful I got to try it.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
The usual abbreviations I use are:

KT Kava Time

GHK Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

RK Real Kava (Kava Kauai)

KWK Kalm with Kava

BKH Bula Kava House

S Squanch