What's new

Forum News The non-noble question and what has to stop.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
**THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD**
**Please only post requests to be added to users for new forum**

Edit from kavadude 8/16/16: The private forum mentioned in this post is now available to the public and has been renamed to "In-depth kava discussion."

First of all, thank you to Judd, Deleted User, Andrew, Kavadude, Infraredz and all the other members here who have tirelessly trudged through the endless question of what's noble, and what's not.

Unfortunately I have to put my foot down on this topic due to the liability issues it's creating.

I hate to say it Deleted User, but until the acetonic test method is acceptable 100% as a way of testing for tudei without a doubt we have to stop.

Essentially what we are doing is claiming a vendor's products are unsuitable for consumption based on a science that is not 100% tested as of yet. It may not say it outright, but it's plenty inferred and just a little reading divulges what "adulterated" may mean. This, unfortunately, leaves us in a very tricky spot when it comes to liability. As this websites owner the responsibility/liability, falls on my shoulders.

Instead of banning the topic completely and removing all traces I have elected to start a subforum which will be privy to only those with an interest and/or a background in chemistry or if the user is a vendor, moderator, or administrator. Also I will take special consideration if a member not meeting these criteria wishes to join.

Those that would wish to join and who meet the criteria may request to be added in this thread.

Tomorrow I will be going back, creating a subforum and moving threads pertaining to the acetonic results/tests (minus the thread outlining how to test your kava, which should always be public).

I had an inkling that this problem may arise once we got to the levels of google search where we appear directly under a vendor's listing.

Everyone, I apologize for the abrupt change, but as your captain I need to steer us into the direction of legality on this issue.

(If the acetonic method is proven true I will absolutely re-open everything to public viewing)

NOTE: This only applies to the acetone test and claims being made directly with results by the acetone test. Reviews, and suggestions based on member experience are free and clear. This is about nothing more than the acetone test accusations not being a scientifically backed method, and therefore currently cannot be used to ascertain quality of a vendor's product.

Last edited by a moderator:

KavaCat

Meow.
As someone who has run a website before, sold things, etc, I understand why this is being done, and have no problems with it. Liability and damage control are a bitch. However, is it possible for those of us with less than 200 posts to access the new sub-forum, if we were around from before the change, and were regularly active? I was hoping to contribute some kava which I like, for testing, and it would be kind of annoying if I could not see posts that I've already seen. :/ Additionally, I am moderately active, and have made 93 posts since April. I really don't want to have to make junk posts.

yardcat

Kava Lightweight
Kap'm as a newb whose post count is still in single digits I would like to have access if possible. Would like to follow along just to be informed primarily due to past health issues. Doubt I would contribute much on the topic at this time, just lurk. Many thanks!

D

Deleted User01

I want in Kapm. I depend on Kava and I need to stay informed on the latest developments.

Glenn

I've appreciated and used Deleted User's hard work to steer me away from certain kavas. I've assumed the test's accuracy but at this point I'm somewhat confused because of the seemingly contradictory test results of the 11 year old Waka. I'd like to be included in the "Acetonic Test Discussion" so I can follow further developments. Thanks, Kap'm.

blindy107

Kava Lover
awwww....i actually met the 200 post requirement and you just let anyone in now?! :shifty:
as little as it effects my purchasing decisions i would like to observe as well so thank you @Kapmcrunk

Sean D.

Kava Enthusiast
I'm new, but would like to be included as well. I understand the acetone test is not proven -- and seemingly different from an actual chemotype test.

I was even going to go so far as to ask why the acetone reports show "xyz has Isa" as opposed to "we found this much of this here, could it mean something?" In any case, if there's a chance it could mean something's off, then I'd like to know (likewise if we find at some point that it is a false positive, I'd like to know that too.)

Regards

Last edited:

DirTJerz

Error 404
I too would really appreciate being able to continue to follow along with the acetone test threads, if possible, Kap'm!

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
Add me Kapm, I'd love to join the other swashbuckling pirates in our journey to find the truth....I mean treasure, everyone loves treasure! ::amirite::;)
The other reasoning I had for editing my post was realizing this was prob not the place to discuss the points I'd brought up...and now it's clear that it was a wise choice after all. (y) Alright captain lead the way!:sneaky: let us get this ship back on track. :D

PallMall

I'd like to be included as well. I'm a new member, however, this is an issue of particular interest to me. I've used the test to inform my kava purchases, and I'd enjoying watching new developments unfold. I doubt I'd comment much, but I would enjoy having access to the information.

ravahavakava

Kava Curious
I'm also keen to follow the development of a dependable reliable assay. It's so important to the kava community. I also think that it's cool that lebot and Deleted User are open sourcing tools for consumers to understand what they are consuming. Even if the acetone test ends up not 100 percent, it's an inspiring way to move knowledge forward!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk