What's new

The parties over

Osadandaula UK

Kava Enthusiast
I’ve taken the decision to stop my Kava journey. I sort out Kava as a bit of lite relief at the end of the week, having stopped drinking alcohol two years previously.

I’d stopped drinking alcohol due to a lack of control, wanting to drink less but regularly drinking more than I intended to. I’ll only drink on weekends I’d tell myself, then that would slip to Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Monday to Wednesday I’d want to drink but would deny myself. On health grounds and to prove to myself I was in control. I read a book called “the easy way to control alcohol” by Allen Carr and it changed my life for the better, I stopped drinking with ease and haven’t looked back.

Now I find myself in a similar situation with Kava, if I drink kava every day I become lethargic and sluggish. If I don’t drink it, there’s a part of me which wishes I was. It’s become another personal for control. Kava might not be physically addictive, but it’s really moreish. Enough is enough. When the bad time outweigh the good, you know the party’s over.

Just want to give a bit shout out to all the people on here for all your help, advice and friendship, what a lovely community you have here.

Special thanks to @Edward @The Kap'n @Krunked up Tong.

I’ve still got some root and pestle, borogoru 350g and bir kar 375g from KSNZ. Might be after Christmas now but drop me a DM if you’re interested, UK delivery for pets only. £100.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I’ve taken the decision to stop my Kava journey. I sort out Kava as a bit of lite relief at the end of the week, having stopped drinking alcohol two years previously.

I’d stopped drinking alcohol due to a lack of control, wanting to drink less but regularly drinking more than I intended to. I’ll only drink on weekends I’d tell myself, then that would slip to Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Monday to Wednesday I’d want to drink but would deny myself. On health grounds and to prove to myself I was in control. I read a book called “the easy way to control alcohol” by Allen Carr and it changed my life for the better, I stopped drinking with ease and haven’t looked back.

Now I find myself in a similar situation with Kava, if I drink kava every day I become lethargic and sluggish. If I don’t drink it, there’s a part of me which wishes I was. It’s become another personal for control. Kava might not be physically addictive, but it’s really moreish. Enough is enough. When the bad time outweigh the good, you know the party’s over.

Just want to give a bit shout out to all the people on here for all your help, advice and friendship, what a lovely community you have here.

I’ve still got some root and pestle, borogoru 350g and bir kar 375g from KSNZ. Might be after Christmas now but drop me a DM if you’re interested, UK delivery for pets only. £100.
Hey, I'm just glad you gave it a full shot. For some people, they have a kava shaped hole in their lives that kava fits into perfectly, where others find they don't. This is absolutely perfectly okay, and expected for many! Thank you for joining us, and thank you for giving this unique cultural keystone species a try.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor

You need to take the decision that's right for you but just a though about the lethargy... have you been supplmenting with b vitamins? They are water soluble and get flushed out due to your increased water intake alongside a diuretic.

Pzk

Kava Enthusiast
To me it is similar but not really stopped totally. I realize somehow that I "need" it, but I don't function well on daily kava. A couple of days in a row and I have a very hard time mentally to stay off it for some days. Sometimes it is so hard compared with other "drugs", that the missing physical addiction isn't often the worst - when your mind is hooked so much on it. I guess I will have my on and off phases until I'll leave it.

All the best for your time enjoying yourself on your own without kava! :)

Pzk

Kava Enthusiast
Perhaps I should add, for people who aren't used to kava and reading this stuff. Everyone has a different mind and brain chemistry.

I seem to lack a lot, which "kava fills". So of course my reaction or "longing" for it is huge. But those are problems I have to solve, kava can't solve this. I don't want to say "kava is bad".

What I realized the last 12 months is, that balanced or heady kavas, even though I love them almost the most meanwhile, because you can be sooo creative with it, so social... beautiful! BUT: It is very very hard for me to "come down" from balanced or heady kavas. And leave them for a couple of days. This reaction got worse and worse the last year. like you leave a strong anti-depressant immediately. I was already at a point I realized if a Dr would force you - or say "stop your Pills immediately" - this isn't good and can have a huge "reaction" (with some pills). To me it became similar with kava!

I was at a point I would have to lower the dose slowly, otherwise it was similar to stop pills you shouldn't stop instantly.

To me this doesn't happen so much/as strong with heavy kavas. So I stick to heavy kava now as long as I still use kava here and there.

It wasn't always like that, kava until now was a journey and everything was and is changing all the time.