What's new

The Post Soy Lecithin Era

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
It died with a whimper, not a bang.

It’s amazing how it went from being “essential” to just not even being discussed or considered.
I was one of the the lecithin followers at the beginning because it was suggested by Nakamal At Home, but after many slightly thicker batches of kava I found it didn't do enough to warrant the addition. It would probably boost a kava session if consumed afterwards, but that's where a few bites of pepperoni pizza comes in :)

Dr.Krunk

Certified Quack
I’d agree, I sure there is some enhanced effect but to what degree I’m not sure. Kava sessions can be kinda finicky sometimes anyways where your normal prep can produce a weaker or overwhelming grog than normal. Too many variables as is. As Kapm stated it just isn’t worth the addition when you factor in the change of flavor. It’s a bit difficult to get the stuff fully disolved as well.

Everyone has what works best for them but traditional prep with water works best for me. Though I do need to find a better Kava maker, mine gripes and complains every time I ask her! :hilarious:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Though I do need to find a better Kava maker, mine gripes and complains every time I ask her! :hilarious:
LOL. Every night, and I mean every single one, I ask my wife if it's time for her to make my kava. I try to explain that I'm just trying to follow Kastom, but she's just not hearing it. So far I've been successful exactly zero times.

readyman

Kava Enthusiast
with me its opposite most mornings my wife asks me to make her kava in fact she just did now she takes one strong shell of part nakalahome Stone and solomons mixed and she is go to go all morning ITS ALL GOOD

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I always just figure there's nothing wrong with grog. Grog is definitely good enough for me. I like grog. I don't get the point of supergrog. I'm sure it has one, I just don't get it.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Not to mention the cost of soy lecithin. Meh. I can better use my money towards more kava or cordyceps or some other supplement that has a definite effect.

I used to throw some soy milk in my grog but that's gross. I have a friend who would insist on coconut oil or cream which resulted in globs floating in the grog. Talked him out of that practice.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
I tried it during my first year drinking KavaDotCom stuff and I didn't really see any use in using it. I even bought a big can of it since I thought I'd drink a lot of kava, but it was a phase and I even threw that big can of soy lecithin not long ago. By then it had all caked together, so I had to use a chopstick to get at it so I could pour it in the trash. I don't even use whole milk in my grog anymore although I may chase with milk still if the mood strikes me.

Last edited:

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I must have missed it entirely. By the time I started drinking everyone just shrugged their shoulders and said nah, not needed. Never even tried it...

Kavashua

Mmmm Kava
I have some at the house for other uses but never seen a need for it. Using medium grind doesn’t need any additional steps (especially if you drink it at your desk like me) so I never messed with it

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I think kava has an inbuilt version of it already but the fact that lecithin encapsulated vitamins are way more bioavailable it's odd that it doesn't do more for the experience in general.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
It died with a whimper, not a bang.

It’s amazing how it went from being “essential” to just not even being discussed or considered.
I tried it once or twice in high school back in the late 90's, but thought it ruined the taste and wasn't worth the extra work. So I went back to just making it with water around a punchbowl with my friends.

verticity

I'm interested in things

Palmetto

Thank God!
Judging by the structure, polysorbate 80 would emulsify kavalactones better than lecithin. But if you add too much emulsifier, it increases your hances of getting the runs.