What's new

The "shield" metaphor

Status
Not open for further replies.

violet

Do all things with love
The one truly beautiful thing I've discovered about kava is that even though I do drink it daily I never find myself craving it. If I had to narrow down why I drink kava it would be for the lingering aftereffects. I believe Vekta describes it perfectly as a "shield effect". It shields you from all the unnecessary anxiety and stress we often needlessly suffer from, while still allowing you to go on carrying out the required tasks of daily life. ...
found HERE

Akava

Kava Enthusiast
Because anxiety itself is a shield from danger, so you're not shielded from the shield, you just remove the shield. Get it?:pompus:

Ecto

Train by day, Kava by night....All day
Because anxiety itself is a shield from danger, so you're not shielded from the shield, you just remove the shield. Get it?:pompus:
I see it as more a "shield" from unnecessary anxiety.

Chris Gauthier

Kava Curious
Yep, the morning and early afternoon after a good kava session is so smooth. Absolutely clear headed, no racing thoughts or irritability. Makes me feel perfectly balanced.

D

Deleted User01

Vekta would say "Shields Up", to me that means you are protected from anxiety and other meanies that are out to make you miserable. It's the perfect metaphor in my opinion.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
ok...I'll explain...

Picture every person around you emitting an energy that forms a bubble around them. This can be positive or negative energy...or something in between. When you're in a crowed of people you can feel each one. Their energy bubble squishes up against you. To me it's like getting squeezed in a vice from all directions. When I drink kava and I have "shields" up it forms a shield bubble and keeps those energies from crushing in on me.

Maybe that sounds corny...but that's how I see it.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
ok...I'll explain...

Picture every person around you emitting an energy that forms a bubble around them. This can be positive or negative energy...or something in between. When you're in a crowed of people you can feel each one. Their energy bubble squishes up against you.
Wow I haven't really been following this topic closely, but I know exactly what you mean. It's the main reason we live on Mission Beach here in San Diego. A majority of the people here are on vacation and there's lots of positive bubbles here and I actually enjoy getting squished in it. I've lived in other places where it's totally the opposite. That's a pretty awesome concept.

D

Deleted User01

Vetka, I like that concept. In my case I would say it shields me from them getting on my nerves. Quesiton, does it also shield you from their BO. :D (Don't answer that).

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Vetka, I like that concept. In my case I would say it shields me from them getting on my nerves. Quesiton, does it also shield you from their BO. :D (Don't answer that).
BO is the worst. But even worse than that is people that slather on ungodly amounts of lotion, and perfume and smelly chemical smelling shampoo...hair spray. The day after I drink kava I'm so sensitive to all those kinds of smells. They become so outrageously offensive... and :p

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
BO is the worst. But even worse than that is people that slather on ungodly amounts of lotion, and perfume and smelly chemical smelling shampoo...hair spray.
The only really bad smell here is dead seaweed and people using a ton of sunblock. That stuff is really strong smelling. But the worst is going downtown where everyone is dressed up to go out and that's when I get hit with a wall of artificial smells (perfume, axe body lotion, hair goo, etc.)

infraredz

BULA!
The only really bad smell here is dead seaweed and people using a ton of sunblock. That stuff is really strong smelling. But the worst is going downtown where everyone is dressed up to go out and that's when I get hit with a wall of artificial smells (perfume, axe body lotion, hair goo, etc.)
PB is awesome except for the "fratboy season" because of that fact. Also, the neighborhoods are nicely kept up, but older and not so gentrified looking. I have a good friend that lives about 2 blocks from the beach off Opal and it's really cool to be so close to the beach.

I don't know how long you've lived in SD but you definitely need to go to Sunset Cliffs one afternoon with some kava. I've done that a few times and it's easily been some of the best kava experiences.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
you definitely need to go to Sunset Cliffs one afternoon with some kava. I've done that a few times and it's easily been some of the best kava experiences.
Made it to Ocean Beach by bike once or twice, but haven't really hung out there (or Sunset Cliffs) yet. But that sounds like an awesome idea. Another thing that I hear is awesome that I haven't done yet is go to the old mission/lighthouse at the top of Point Loma (near Sunset Cliffs).
download.jpg

Last edited:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
We have a river...here in Nashville....ok that's all I've got
Is it the babbling brook kind of river or the wide navigational type? I love water and can watch water in motion all day long. The only thing better is maybe watching a big bonfire at night (very mesmerizing)

Status
Not open for further replies.