What's new

Thoughts of having instant kava packaged in single serving sachets

Would you be keen to buy something like this?

• Yes

• No, it seems too expensive

• No, i dont have issue with using micro in large packing

• No, i prefer traditional grind only

• No, i dont use kava for medicinal purpose to find this helpful

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
Bula Folks

Just wanted to get some feedback about this idea from members here. Imagine having single serving instant kava in small sachets. Just break one open, pour into a glass and add your beverage of choice, mix and chug away. No hassle of resealing or carrying around the whole bag or prepping the kava. Later it would also come in flavors so all you need to do is just add cold water or milk. A pack would contain around 15 sachets and sell for like $20 . Each sachet would have between 600 to 800mg of kavalactone dosage, 3 - 4 times more than a two pill serving of kava capsules or a flavored shot of Taki Mai.

What do you think? One issue with Taki Mai shots is that the kava powder settles to the bottom of the bottle and clumps up making it impossible to mix. Thats why we thought that powder sachets would be better so that the powder can be mixed into the beverage properly by the consumer.

mdmace

Kava Curious
It would be awesome for travel. Kind of like those instant coffee packs I take with me on vacation. I'm thinking about mixing some instant kava with some instant decaf Chai and making little packs with my food saver to take with me on the cruise. Easy instant iced chai to relax with on the pool deck.

verticity

I'm interested in things
If I may speak on behalf of my fellow North Americans: I heartily endorse maximizing both convenience and packaging for consumer products. This could be pretty popular, especially with that potency, which would be a big improvement over other kava products like this which tend to be pretty weak. Personally, I prefer medium grind, but I would probably buy some of these for occasional use, such as when traveling.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Let it be known that I would have a box of these in the pantry for going on vacation. I always manage to forget SOMETHING involved with kava when we go on a trip. Last year I forgot my strainer.

PepperyPyrone

I'll have the pyrones with some pepper, please.
I had some packets of camomile tea that I took with me on a trip a few months ago and I also brought with me two different kinds of medium grind kava, each in 1/2 pound bags, and I used the AluBall to make my kava, then later before crashing, I made some tea and thought to myself, why hasn't anyone done this with some high quality micro or instant kava? Especially for those quick overnight trips, this would really come in handy so you don't have to pack your kava cupboard just for a few cups of kava. On the flip side, if I am going to drink micro or instant anyway, its not that big of a deal to bring the small canister with 100 g. of powder in it. It's really a novelty item for those that regularly drink micro or instant and frequently travel. But even for those like me who primarily make medium grind, I could still see a grab-n-go use for it in certain situations, especially flying and not having to experience issues with scooping out micro on a plane. Just grab-n-go, and rip and mix. Hey that's kinda catchy.

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
Voted "No, i prefer traditional grind only" by accident and seems I can't change my vote, so subtract one from there. I'm not in the target market so probably shouldn't have voted at all, but it would be a "yes". This is definitely something that the market needs IMO.

The flavoring/additives question is a separate one altogether. Kava King seems to have some success there despite concerns about the quality of their kava.

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
Voted "No, i prefer traditional grind only" by accident and seems I can't change my vote, so subtract one from there. I'm not in the target market so probably shouldn't have voted at all, but it would be a "yes". This is definitely something that the market needs IMO.

The flavoring/additives question is a separate one altogether. Kava King seems to have some success there despite concerns about the quality of their kava.
Read some reviews of kava king flavored kava. They seem to have problem taking the bitter/astringent after taste away from the kava. I am working on perfecting that part using natural flavors if that works out this could be something very big for people who are not fans of the kava taste.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Imagine having kava with the effects but not the same flavor. No bitterness. Just chocolaty or vanilla flavored. WHO'S INTERESTED?
I actually don't care about the taste much. But in my experience citric acid works well. Probably some combination of citric acid and artificial sweetener. Avoid ascorbic acid because it can react with kavalactones and possibly even change the chemotype. I also don't care if the flavors are "natural" or not. But I'm probably in a minority in not caring about those things.

PepperyPyrone

I'll have the pyrones with some pepper, please.
I love the taste of any kava (and the smell of ground root), but I also grew up drinking straight herbal teas, not the foofoo stuff from the grocery store, the stuff you find in the Herbal Bible for remedies of just about anything. However, I don't understand how people take a sip of kava and literally spit it out, my neighbor did that the other day, and I was like, "Hey man! Don't waste it!" What the hell have these people been drinking everyday of their life, strawberry milk? Yeah @Kava Time maybe you should think about strawberry too.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder

You can change your vote now, by clicking "Change Your Vote"

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
[/QUOTE]
I love the taste of any kava (and the smell of ground root), but I also grew up drinking straight herbal teas, not the foofoo stuff from the grocery store, the stuff you find in the Herbal Bible for remedies of just about anything. However, I don't understand how people take a sip of kava and literally spit it out, my neighbor did that the other day, and I was like, "Hey man! Don't waste it!" What the hell have these people been drinking everyday of their life, strawberry milk? Yeah @Kava Time maybe you should think about strawberry too.
Yeah i've seen a bunch of reviews where people just gave up because they cant stomach in the taste of kava. I mean you can always use capsules but you would have to take in so many to get any effect out of it

mdmace

Kava Curious
Yeah i've seen a bunch of reviews where people just gave up because they cant stomach in the taste of kava. I mean you can always use capsules but you would have to take in so many to get any effect out of it[/QUOTE]

It's not that hard to make it paletable. I think of kava like a certain other bitterish beverage made from roasted beans. I use the same flavor ideas people use for coffee in my kava kocktails. (I also use micro so that probably helps)

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I voted for three options. Firstly you may have clarified but I am a little pressed for time so i didn't read enough of the thread to check, just the op. It seems like you are talking about micro ground root and not instant. I would be more likely to buy packets of instant than micro because of my stomach being sensitive and also because instant is more of a treat to me making it likely I would buy single serves.id love instant product of any of your offerings, especially that smooth sanctuary! But just micro in single packets sounds kind of unexciting. Just my honest opinion.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Imagine having kava with the effects but not the same flavor. No bitterness. Just chocolaty or vanilla flavored. WHO'S INTERESTED?
That would be awesome. I would buy it if the price were right. The biggest issues I have with instants are they are usually super expensive and/or very weak.

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
That would be awesome. I would buy it if the price were right. The biggest issues I have with instants are they are usually super expensive and/or very weak.
This kava will not be weak for sure but im not sure of the final costs as the flavors will need to be imported from the states into Fiji

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
I voted for three options. Firstly you may have clarified but I am a little pressed for time so i didn't read enough of the thread to check, just the op. It seems like you are talking about micro ground root and not instant. I would be more likely to buy packets of instant than micro because of my stomach being sensitive and also because instant is more of a treat to me making it likely I would buy single serves.id love instant product of any of your offerings, especially that smooth sanctuary! But just micro in single packets sounds kind of unexciting. Just my honest opinion.
It will be instant kava not micronized. Basically it will be something no other vendor offers at the moment. Potent kava which doesn't remotely taste like kava, doesn't have any sugar, still be organic but still offers the same effects as kava does. Something magical i'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.