What's new

Thoughts of having instant kava packaged in single serving sachets

Would you be keen to buy something like this?

• Yes

• No, it seems too expensive

• No, i dont have issue with using micro in large packing

• No, i prefer traditional grind only

• No, i dont use kava for medicinal purpose to find this helpful

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I dont think flavor is necessary at all and hopeyou offer a flavorless one as well.. sorry haven't had the time yet to read the above thread but caught the idea and really love it.. it takes away from the social oddity of opening your bag (albiet nice and golden ) in the middle of a mall food court and making kava... I really don't mind.. but I know others must feel odd and that's where the candies come in alot. Or at work it can be an issue...
People see packaging and immediately trust stuff... it's kind of sad..
If I go and offer people kava candies they'll eat them all day but if I offer a sip of kava i prepared from this well pckaged bag it's still odd..

Thus will not only be quick and convienant but offer a social normaly for those who have to drink their kava at work or in public spaces.
I should say REFILL their kava in public spaces or work haha that's the tough part ;)

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
It will be instant kava not micronized. Basically it will be something no other vendor offers at the moment. Potent kava which doesn't remotely taste like kava, doesn't have any sugar, still be organic but still offers the same effects as kava does. Something magical i'd say.
Your playing a dangerous game ;)
I'm excited to see what ya come up with to mask kava ;)

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I personally like the taste of kava but it does sound interesting. I'd just as well have it in a larger bag though I guess.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
@Kava Time It's a good idea. I hate to sound like a tree hugger here, and far be it from me to tell anyone how to run their business, but I encourage you to find some environmentally friendly packaging if you pursue this. Individually wrapped items tend to require a lot more waste packaging than bulk products. There's so much plastic in the world and it never biodegrades. As I'm sure you know, it's a huge problem in the western pacific as much of the plastic created in more populated countries sadly finds its way there. There are some biodegradable plastic alternatives available that you may be able to make work for this idea.

Anyway, good luck. I'd buy it if I didn't have a pretty solid kava source already ;)

Pat-Attack

Kava Curious
So Kona Kava sells something similar with a purported 280mg of Kavalactones and various flavors, but I also know of their "shady" reputation, any update on this project, @Kava Time ?

mdmace

Kava Curious
I know you said vanilla and chocolate, but my experience with vanilla and kava have been...interesting. Have you though about chai latte and perhaps Mexican drinking chocolate? I know there are a few kava bars that offer those two and I've had really great luck with a chocolate mint and chai myself.

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
So Kona Kava sells something similar with a purported 280mg of Kavalactones and various flavors, but I also know of their "shady" reputation, any update on this project, @Kava Time ?
Where is this available? Their website is a mess i cant seem to find it. Our trial batch of cocoakava has roughly 400mg of kavalactones per serving. Unfortunately its still stuck in customs at this point awaiting formal clearance.

Last edited:

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
I know you said vanilla and chocolate, but my experience with vanilla and kava have been...interesting. Have you though about chai latte and perhaps Mexican drinking chocolate? I know there are a few kava bars that offer those two and I've had really great luck with a chocolate mint and chai myself.
For the flavors our next one will be strawberry after the chocolate gets fine tuned but depends if we can secure a steady and quality supply of heavy kavas. For the instant it may take a significantly long time (a year or two) because we want to make it in a way which no other vendor does and it requires quite a very large investment in equipment

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
https://www.konakavafarm.com/kava-instant.html scroll down to instant kava singles, they also sell them on Amazon, and have up thought about a Kickstarter?!? i would invest a bunch to get it quicker haha!!
Hey that's a fantastic idea! Didn't think of that. I think its possible to set up crowdfunding through our website too! oh but i would have to explain the process which we want to use to produce the instant kava. That isn't something we'd like to do..

Pat-Attack

Kava Curious
but i would have to explain the process
not necessarily, at least with kickstarter you just have to state what the money is for, like buying equipment, and that it's for a secret process (or state what the process is similar to or better than some other processes). and that the money would help with the upstart of producing so it would be cheaper to produce yourself and sell than having a third party do it, just back up your "secret process" with the fact that you already are established in some way in the kava community etc... I think, but I'd do some research into it in the kickstarter/indiegogo support pages

tonythefiddler

Kava Curious
I'm all about conservation so I hate using stuff that's single serving, just uses up a lot of resources having so many packages. Weird reason I know lol. But I buy almost everything in bulk!

Status
Not open for further replies.