What's new

Time to get Kavafied

Danny V

Got a batch of Founder's Reserve Kava Tonga and my aluball in the mail today. Got some chill music on and the lights low. Trying to see if I can get krunk for the first time. :) I just hope it's not too sedating. I need to carve pumpkins with my kids later this evening.

On a side note, does anyone else do a second wash with their aluball?

Russell Caruso

TravelingMan
I second wash sometimes. It's never really been a strong second batch, though. I wonder if it's really worth second washes honestly. Sometimes second washes with like, half the amount of water come out okay and it feels more worth it. I don't prioritize them though. If you really want to get krunked, I highly recommend straining traditionally with a strainer bag, consuming, then 10-20 minutes after, eating a hot/greasy meal. Something like pizza, or mac and cheese. You'll be in krunk land 100%, it works for me every single time. In fact i'm typing this super krunked, plate of mac and cheese in front of me. Nangol Noble from Bula Kava House just in case you were wondering what Kava I use lol

nashfire

Stay Rooted
I do two aluballs about 3/4 full of kava. Between 600-800 ml water. I shake for 2 min. Two washes with half the water for 2nd wash then mix them together for daily drinking kava. Freeze the makas (I freeze 2 batches per sandwich bag - prob about 5-6 Tbs) then do the Krunkie's freezer maka grog! 4 to 5 bags (20-30 Tbs) into about 8 cups hot water in the ninja blender...let it thaw! (Broke a blender rushing it once) then I blend 3 times at 1 minute each then all of it into a strainer bag, knead and squeeze 5 min, pour into a gallon jar; add half the water, repeat, can get up to 4 washes...Max extraction baby! The freezer grog is usually a mix of at least 2 -3 diff kavas and is always sweeter than first washes. I'm a daily drinker for bad back, joints etc...20 years of fire service not kind to these old bones! Bula! ::kavaleaf::

Last edited:

Danny V

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I'm especially stoked to hear that eating will help, because I thought I was supposed to abstain from eating while drinking kava. I need to gain weight. For me, that's part of getting healthy again after years of drinking alcohol, because I was one of those drunks who would drink and not eat. Now, the dumb question. What's makas? Leftover kava?

Anyway, I didn't get krunk. I also didn't get too tired to carve pumpkins with my kids. I did get just a few minutes of a really nice, warm glow. It's kind of feeling you get when coming down off a mushroom trip, but without the intense, exhausting, and potentially hellish hours of tripping to get there. Just that gentle prodding when I looked at my wife, that said, "Hey man, you need to appreciate that woman more. She's a gift. Be thankful." Yeah man, good stuff.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Got a batch of Founder's Reserve Kava Tonga and my aluball in the mail today. Got some chill music on and the lights low. Trying to see if I can get krunk for the first time. :) I just hope it's not too sedating. I need to carve pumpkins with my kids later this evening.

On a side note, does anyone else do a second wash with their aluball?
I usually aluball with two balls - then on the second wash I will shake, remove the balls, then add a third ball with new kava. Rinse, lather, and repeat as necessary. Until the end of the night I will always add a little bit of new to the subsequent wash. That way I don't waste any, but I am not drinking more liquid than I need with weeker grog.