What's new

To my fellow seasonal allergy sufferers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
I am just under two weeks of daily kava use. For the purpose of reference, I have never used more than two tablespoons of micronized grind in a day and I tend to sip after shaking it in a blender bottle. I do very little chugging and I do not toss and wash. Anyways, this is April and April has meant allergy torture throughout my entire life. On Monday morning, I woke up with water eyes and a runny nose. By Tuesday, I had the dry and watery eye thing going on and now the chapped upper lip and raw kleenex nose. Today I feel slightly better with the help of some more meds. My nose is peeling a bit but since I am no longer blowing it, I am hoping that lotion will take care of that by tomorrow. The question is: Has anyone familiar with seasonal allergies ever had a reaction to kava? My inclination is to blame this episode on the mountain cedar trees because I went almost two weeks with no such reactions.

D

Deleted User01

I live in San Antonio Texas which is allergy hell for anyone who has even the slightest allergies. If anything, Kava seems to help with allergies since it is an anti-inflammatory. I noticed my allergy symptoms (mainly congestion) are less than my son and he got all the bad allergy genes from me. :rolleyes: Just keep drinking lots of water and hopefully the mountain cedar, oak pollen, and mold will soon be gone. One more thing, Kava does seem to aggravate dry eye and chapped lips with or without allergies so I always have eye drops on hand and I use those little jars of carmex lip balm. I keep it at the office and in the car. One more thing, be careful with mixing allergy medicines with Kava.

blindy107

Kava Lover
I have the shittiest allergies usually. Been the best year ever for me! No idea if it's kava related though. No reactions to kava other than some dermo. I don't get nearly the knockout effects you do though.

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
I am glad you are having a good year. My best years are when I leave the country for a year, which doesn't happen all that often.

Status
Not open for further replies.