What's new

Tolerance to the taste disappearing over time?

Pecorino

Kava Curious
When I started using kava, the taste was strange but it wasn't repulsive. I actually couldn't understand people complaining about it, it was just OK. However, after a few weeks and when my RT finally started to drop a little, the taste became almost unbearable. I'm also often nauseated. Is that natural, or am I doing something wrong?

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
This is interesting because I personally have had the opposite happen. Watched a few friends grow accustomed to it too. Is it possible that you're affiliating the nausea from kava with the taste so now the taste triggers the nausea? Try adding a little soy milk and brown sugar. That used to help me.

Pecorino

Kava Curious
Interesting thought. Maybe my brain learned that kava taste means nausea later, but didn't learn about the full spectrum of positive effects yet, so it associates the taste of kava with something to be avoided? If that's so, the taste should get back to acceptable when I'll break through RT, and it would also explain the effect of getting accustomed to the taste you described. I'll keep doing science by drinking that disgusting mud. Thanks for the advice, I'll try that.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Interesting thought. Maybe my brain learned that kava taste means nausea later, but didn't learn about the full spectrum of positive effects yet, so it associates the taste of kava with something to be avoided? If that's so, the taste should get back to acceptable when I'll break through RT, and it would also explain the effect of getting accustomed to the taste you described. I'll keep doing science by drinking that disgusting mud. Thanks for the advice, I'll try that.
Only when I have already had too much...my taste buds tell me to stop long before I usually do.