What's new

Top 5 favorite strains

Camaytoc

Kava Enthusiast
For me Borogu is the ideal very balanced Kava that is never a couch locking one.
It work wonder when kneading, work ok when Aluballed.

readyman

Kava Enthusiast
Chief’s Choice
Stone
Vinaka Waka
N@H Solomon
Kava Tonga (Kavafied)

These are the ones I keep in steady supply. I don’t have access to Kava very often so have to stock up once or twice a year. Bula Kava House and the Kava Roots are already incredibly high on my list.
thought you would like to know i mixed half kt taveuni secret and nakalahomes solomons about 3 tablespoons each quite a mental heady ride i liked it

AlohaAimee

Kava Enthusiast
I've been procrastinating trying Puoni Ono; how does it compare to Mo'i?
Puoni Ono is excellent to me! Really nice and heady. I find it easy to drink, good flavor, nice mouth numbing, and not sedating. Great for socializing and just feeling like all is right in the world. My favorite strain I've tried so far!

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Top 5 of all time: GHK mahakea, Tanna marangmarang, Malekula silese, this one batch of fuʻu from an old Hawaiian vendor long ago, and Squanch.

Top 5 right now in my cabinet: KWK borongoru, Kavafied Lapita, KWK melomelo (I still have some), BKH Nambawan, and Squanch.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Top 5 of all time: GHK mahakea, Tanna marangmarang, Malekula silese, this one batch of fuʻu from an old Hawaiian vendor long ago, and Squanch.

Top 5 right now in my cabinet: KWK borongoru, Kavafied Lapita, KWK melomelo (I still have some), BKH Nambawan, and Squanch.
How is the taste of the current Squanch? I only tried it once, over a year ago, but the taste was so weird to me, at the time, that I haven't felt inclined to try it again. Subsequently, I think I've noticed a similar flavor in some GHK products so maybe its not as weird as I imagined it might be at the time. But the flavor was not like any other Fijian kava I've tried.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Squanch tastes like regular Fijian powder to me. Nowhere near as astringent as Ni-Van kava can get sometimes.

The waka has more of a punch than most blended Fijian kavas. Mix it with some lewena and you won't notice anything weird.

ProjectK

Kava Enthusiast
So after trying some new strains, i have to change my list a bit:

1. Nambawan
2. Squanch Waka
3. Nangol Noble
4. Fiji Fresh Waka
5. Vula Waka

I havent written a review for Fiji Fresh yet but its some damn good stuff. Actually some of the best tasting kava ive ever had. Squanch is the best overall rounded kava, definitely a staple. Nambawan just hits me the way I want to be hit. Nothing else like it that ive tried.

ProjectK

Kava Enthusiast
How is the taste of the current Squanch? I only tried it once, over a year ago, but the taste was so weird to me, at the time, that I haven't felt inclined to try it again. Subsequently, I think I've noticed a similar flavor in some GHK products so maybe its not as weird as I imagined it might be at the time. But the flavor was not like any other Fijian kava I've tried.
I did notice that squanch made a pretty dark grog, and I agree the taste isnt like wakas that ive tried. Not in a bad way tho.