What's new

Traveling with kava... Morocco chugging

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Hello all, just got back from holiday in Agadir in Morocco. Lovely weather, compared to the UK anyway ;-) . I thought I would add some more to the discussion about traveling with kava. I flew out with 2 bags of kava and only used one so flew back into the UK with a full bag of kava. Only a 250g bag but still. My bags were scanned and nothing said either way. I'm guessing if I had have been randomly stopped and they had discovered it there may have been some in depth questions and I'm not sure what the outcome would have been but nothing happened this time so I have a fraction more confidence to take some with me on subsequent holidays. Hopefully sooner or later this ridiculous European and UK ban on kava will be rescinded so the whole world can benefit from what we know to be a safe and relatively mild herbal product.

schatz

itchin for kava
I rarely travel outside of the States, because of funds. I would like to go to Mexico before the wall goes up though, its real close to me. Does anyone know the legality of kava in mexico?

Señor Chuggs

Friend of Kava
I've accidentally left my laptop in my backpack when I went through a security check for an international flight. They went through my bag, which had 2 bags of kava in it. Nobody said anything.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I travel with Kava all the time and have never had any issues. Some customs folks have asked what it is, and I always tell them it is tea.
Didn't you have a load of kava confiscated somewhere in Africa?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Done! I'm waiting for a better pic from a friends camera taken on holiday.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
I rarely travel outside of the States, because of funds. I would like to go to Mexico before the wall goes up though, its real close to me. Does anyone know the legality of kava in mexico?
I think it is legal as there is a famous yoga and kava lounge somewhere in Cozumel (sp?), I think

Rick.Sanchez

Kava Enthusiast
I've had mixed experiences traveling with kava. On more than one occasion, TSA thought it was marijuana or something elicit. Now I always put it in a separate container so they don't think I'm trying to hide anything.

Never had it confiscated, but Ive had my things "randomly" searched the majority of the time