What's new

trichitillomania

rayken

Kava Enthusiast
anybody else here suffer from this, specifically males? I have suffered from it for about 12 years now. I had it mostly under control for the better part of the last year and a half and then if came back almost full force a couple months ago. i had hoped kava might help but i have not had much success in that department. dont get me wrong the kava makes me feel great, but it hasnt really helped the compulsions. perhaps it is do to me taking a more stimulating kava in moi vs something more heavy. any opinions welcome, thanks everyone.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Heady kava can make my scalp tickle and give me chills sometimes. Maybe that's unhelpful. Heavier kava would give you more relaxation. Try GHK Nene, GHK Boroguru, GHK Papa Kea, GHK Hanakapi'ai, KWK Borongoru. I'd try Nene first, but then I haven't tried the Hanakapi'ai he's got right now.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Trying to read that word made me wanna pull some hair out. ::awesomesmiles::
I don't think I've seen any other members post about this problem, so I'm not sure how kava would interact with it.
My initial thought would be that heavy kavas would be good, they can make you slow and peacefully unmotivated. Perhaps so much so, that you would have no desire to put effort into pulling on hair.
On the other hand, being fully krunked or full-blast heady buzzed can kinda make me start rubbing my hands on my head or arm skin...kinda like rolling would do.

rayken

Kava Enthusiast
Trying to read that word made me wanna pull some hair out. ::awesomesmiles::
I don't think I've seen any other members post about this problem, so I'm not sure how kava would interact with it.
My initial thought would be that heavy kavas would be good, they can make you slow and peacefully unmotivated. Perhaps so much so, that you would have no desire to put effort into pulling on hair.
On the other hand, being fully krunked or full-blast heady buzzed can kinda make me start rubbing my hands on my head or arm skin...kinda like rolling would do.
haha yea its quite the word. as of now i have not made my own grog i have only used micro from ghk and have some instant moi on the way that i ordered last week. i was not a big fan of the micro nene nor the micro makakea. they were not bad they just were not for me. i like the way moi makes me feel but perhaps something else could work well for both mood and the compulsions. any ideas of anything else in the instant category? i sure do need to learn how to make my own because i cant stand micro much longer and i have a feeling instant could get really expensive.

Bubba Bula

krunkadelic relic
Heady kava can make my scalp tickle and give me chills sometimes. Maybe that's unhelpful. Heavier kava would give you more relaxation. Try GHK Nene, GHK Boroguru, GHK Papa Kea, GHK Hanakapi'ai, KWK Borongoru. I'd try Nene first, but then I haven't tried the Hanakapi'ai he's got right now.
Get some Hanakapi'ai before its gone. Its a very special kava you won't want to miss out on. Plus, I'd love to read one of your reviews on it after you've tried it. I'm thinking it would inspire you to write one.

D

Deleted User01

Ok, I had to google it even thoug @shakas gave me a hint. I have to admit ... you do learn alot on this forum. For those that don't want to Google, it is a compulsion to pull out your hair and not just when your in laws visit. I imagine that stressful situations might trigger it.

rayken

Kava Enthusiast
Ok, I had to google it even thoug @shakas gave me a hint. I have to admit ... you do learn alot on this forum. For those that don't want to Google, it is a compulsion to pull out your hair and not just when your in laws visit. I imagine that stressful situations might trigger it.
it is indeed worse when i am stressed, but i dont have to be to start pulling. i mostly pull facial hair for those who might be wondering

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
Years back I knew a lady with this. She had pulled out all her eye lashes and eyebrows. It was nothing she was proud of and I couldn't imagine having an OCD like that, hope Kava can be of help.

rayken

Kava Enthusiast
Years back I knew a lady with this. She had pulled out all her eye lashes and eyebrows. It was nothing she was proud of and I couldn't imagine having an OCD like that, hope Kava can be of help.
yea its not fun to say the least, very frustrating. however i must say i feel quite accomplished once i get it under control. hopefully i can find the right kava to aid me

verticity

I'm interested in things
Kava can help with anxiety in general, and that kind of problem is sort of anxiety-related. But I wouldn't necessarily expect a cure from kava. I used to have a friend with that problem (I won't try to spell it lol) and he found it was very helpful to join a support group specifically for it.

blindy107

Kava Lover
Wow. I'll have to learn about this. I don't think I have it but I do like to pluck chin pubes pretty regularly. Usually the longer ones that I find in my hand when running through beard. I imagine it's more severe. To the tune of bald patches and other issues. I feel like a more sedating kava would be better as well. I'm shocked you didn't like nene. It's a great "knock out" root for me. Please keep us posted.