What's new

Two teaspoons is all I need.

Bob Cat

Hi, I have been reading this forum for a while and have enjoyed it very much. I started, like some, with Yogi kava tea. It had mild effects and got me interested in learning more about this root. I am one of those types that is very sensitive to things and only use about 2 teaspoons of traditional prep medium grind to get the effects I need...for most of the day! I have found a method that works really well for me. I thought I might share it in hopes it might be useful to some others. I put the two teaspoons in a small glass jar and pour about ¾ cup of warm water into it. I put the lid on and I shake it up vigorously for a few minutes Then I pour it into a nylon nut bag in a large measuring cup and work it for 5 or so minutes. Then I pour it into the cleaned out jar. Then I pour another ¼ or so cup of warm water into the bag in the measuring cup and work it for the second rinse. That is poured into the jar also and all mixed together. Since I only use two or so teaspoons in about a cup of water my grog is mild. Now I take a good size mouth full of this grog and keep it in my mouth, working it around for a good 5 or more minutes. The longer the better. It goes right to my brain...LOL. As it mixes with the saliva in my mouth it gets thicker and even though it is mild the tingling and numbing effects gets pretty strong after about 5 minutes. Maybe that's why originally it was chewed first by the girls of the tribe before consumed. Anyway I will swallow that first mouth full and the effects will last for quite a while before I need to take another mouth full. I might just take a few this way in the morning and then some after lunch once the lunch has digested. Kava relaxes me but really stimulates me also. I try not to take any after 2 or 3 in the afternoon so I can sleep. It seems to take away whatever drags me down and I have lots of my own energy. This is way to long for the first post so I will stop for now. My grammar is not the best but English is my second language ….I have no first language...:)

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hi, I have been reading this forum for a while and have enjoyed it very much. I started, like some, with Yogi kava tea. It had mild effects and got me interested in learning more about this root. I am one of those types that is very sensitive to things and only use about 2 teaspoons of traditional prep medium grind to get the effects I need...for most of the day! I have found a method that works really well for me. I thought I might share it in hopes it might be useful to some others. I put the two teaspoons in a small glass jar and pour about ¾ cup of warm water into it. I put the lid on and I shake it up vigorously for a few minutes Then I pour it into a nylon nut bag in a large measuring cup and work it for 5 or so minutes. Then I pour it into the cleaned out jar. Then I pour another ¼ or so cup of warm water into the bag in the measuring cup and work it for the second rinse. That is poured into the jar also and all mixed together. Since I only use two or so teaspoons in about a cup of water my grog is mild. Now I take a good size mouth full of this grog and keep it in my mouth, working it around for a good 5 or more minutes. The longer the better. It goes right to my brain...LOL. As it mixes with the saliva in my mouth it gets thicker and even though it is mild the tingling and numbing effects gets pretty strong after about 5 minutes. Maybe that's why originally it was chewed first by the girls of the tribe before consumed. Anyway I will swallow that first mouth full and the effects will last for quite a while before I need to take another mouth full. I might just take a few this way in the morning and then some after lunch once the lunch has digested. Kava relaxes me but really stimulates me also. I try not to take any after 2 or 3 in the afternoon so I can sleep. It seems to take away whatever drags me down and I have lots of my own energy. This is way to long for the first post so I will stop for now. My grammar is not the best but English is my second language ….I have no first language...:)
It's always nice learn another way or a different way. Welcome aboard. :)