What's new

Upper limit for kavalactones in mg per day

GoWest86

Kava Curious
Hi, being in Australia, my options for kava are extremely limited. The only product approved by the TGA that I've found to be effective is RelaxMax Kava. It's noble Vanuatu instant kava in sachets that each contain 125mg kavalactones. The box says not to consume more than 2 sachets per day but I find I only get decent effects from taking 2 sachets at a time (250mg KLs). The effects last for about 4 - 6 hours only, so sometimes I want to have more but it bothers me that they say to not consume more than 2 per day. I think they're just trying to cover their butts to keep the government happy but my question is, does anyone know what a safe daily upper limit for KLs would be in milligrams?
Cheers

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Traditional kava in Vanuatu is said to range from around 200mg-500mg per shell...people regularly consume several shells per night and therefor ingest 1,000-3,000mg of kavalactones. With the traditional beverage you get more than just kavalactones though, there is glutathione which can help protect the liver. Can't say the same for RelaxMax Kava Sachets...but you can almost certainly take more than they suggest on the box.