What's new

Use Kava despite raised liver enzyme?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokinJoe93

Kava Curious
I want to order Kava like yesterday lol, but I’ve been waiting to get through to my doctor who’s unavailable at the moment. I wanted to see her as my neurologist told me in my last appointment (Back in November) that all tests had come back fine, but there was mention of a raised liver enzyme that my neurologist didn’t mention the name of, however she did say ‘it was fine’ and needed no further action.

My goal was to speak to my doctor about doing some tests prior to taking the Kava. But I’m getting inpatient and want to buy the Kava now. I’m thinking of using the Kava for a month, then going to my doctor to request tests (just for me to be at peace)

So my question is, Is a raised liver enzyme classed as a state of ‘liver disease’? If it’s not, does anyone use a Kava WHILST having a raised liver enzyme?

Thanks.

SmokinJoe93

Kava Curious
Sorry for the lack on information. I’ve never taken Kava. I never asked what enzyme it was. I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, so when I saw a neurologist, she sent me for bloods testing lactate, carnitine and a few other things, but only the liver enzyme was a little high, which needed no further action.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
I'm of the mindset that the average physician doesn't know much about kava other than the increasingly aging liver advisories that many kava products still have on their packaging, but asking your physician (yours may not be "average") never hurts. Just keep doing a phone call or an e-mail until they get back to you on the specifics. If you decide to try kava despite your physician's advice, definitely start slow. Mileage varies on kava per person. What may be a safe quantity of grog for me to drink may not be for you, especially if your liver has something going on.

If you decide to make kava a regular habit for you, we have many who post screenings of their livers and your own results can shed some light on how it affects one more unique person whether your results are encouraging or troubling.

SmokinJoe93

Kava Curious
I'm of the mindset that the average physician doesn't know much about kava other than the increasingly aging liver advisories that many kava products still have on their packaging, but asking your physician (yours may not be "average") never hurts. Just keep doing a phone call or an e-mail until they get back to you on the specifics. If you decide to try kava despite your physician's advice, definitely start slow. Mileage varies on kava per person. What may be a safe quantity of grog for me to drink may not be for you, especially if your liver has something going on.

If you decide to make kava a regular habit for you, we have many who post screenings of their livers and your own results can shed some light on how it affects one more unique person whether your results are encouraging or troubling.
Hey, thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. I will only be using 2 teaspoons of micronized powder daily. I’m going to go against my doctors advice anyway lol, I was just wondering whether it’s safe to take Kava with a raised enzyme. Unfortunately I don’t have the results to tell you what enzyme it was.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
Hey, thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. I will only be using 2 teaspoons of micronized powder daily. I’m going to go against my doctors advice anyway lol, I was just wondering whether it’s safe to take Kava with a raised enzyme. Unfortunately I don’t have the results to tell you what enzyme it was.
The kava enthusiast in me wants you to drink kava but the human in me doesn't want you to endanger yourself. You know your body better than the rest of us do, so ultimately we can only advise, whether our advice is any good or not.

SmokinJoe93

Kava Curious
Haha! The impatient person in me wants to take it now also! Have you ever had a raised liver enzyme and took Kava?

Redrider

Kava Curious
I want to order Kava like yesterday lol, but I’ve been waiting to get through to my doctor who’s unavailable at the moment. I wanted to see her as my neurologist told me in my last appointment (Back in November) that all tests had come back fine, but there was mention of a raised liver enzyme that my neurologist didn’t mention the name of, however she did say ‘it was fine’ and needed no further action.

My goal was to speak to my doctor about doing some tests prior to taking the Kava. But I’m getting inpatient and want to buy the Kava now. I’m thinking of using the Kava for a month, then going to my doctor to request tests (just for me to be at peace)

So my question is, Is a raised liver enzyme classed as a state of ‘liver disease’? If it’s not, does anyone use a Kava WHILST having a raised liver enzyme?

Thanks.
My bilirubin is raised, and if it's that one, I'll be even more interested to hear what comes of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.