What's new

Using Kava alongside CBD & THC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokinJoe93

Kava Curious
I use marijuana daily with CBD (in the form of hemp flower) purely for medical reasons. It helps with pain related symptoms as well as what I describe an inflammation feeling in my brain. I’m looking to start using micronized Kava very soon at a therapeutic dose and not to get blasted. I have come across posts on the forum where CBD seems to be fine with Kava, would the same apply for THC?

Cheers.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
As with any psychoactive substance, taking kava with THC is going to enhance certain effects (and side effects) of both substances. I prefer to keep most psychoactive substances separate unless necessary. I find that kava works very well at the tail end of a THC session. I would recommend getting experience with both before combining them during the day when things need to get done. You may find that you like the combo or maybe you won't.

SmokinJoe93

Kava Curious
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately for me, I use cannabis in order to get things done. I literally couldn’t be without it. So there’s nothing biologically wrong with using the two plants together? For example, a heightened chance of messing with my liver etc etc.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
I'm in the same boat, I usually take K@ but I'll use opioid pain pills combined with high THC cannabis on the really bad days. Kava always comes at the end of the day for me and I've never had issues. Biologically they work very different and I have found no evidence of danger from kava and THC. I don't normally combine them during the day because quality kava is only useful for me during nights and evenings. For me, kava is used more as a relaxant and sleep aid rather than pain control at this point.

SmokinJoe93

Kava Curious
I'm in the same boat, I usually take K@ but I'll use opioid pain pills combined with high THC cannabis on the really bad days. Kava always comes at the end of the day for me and I've never had issues. Biologically they work very different and I have found no evidence of danger from kava and THC. I don't normally combine them during the day because quality kava is only useful for me during nights and evenings. For me, kava is used more as a relaxant and sleep aid rather than pain control at this point.
Definitely in the same boat. Hope you’re finding a balance and it works for you. I don’t mind taking Kava at night time either, as long as it works for what I want it to work on (GABA receptors). Maybe taking at night would be better for me also.

I did hear using MJ with Kava have positive synergising effects, but I take things with a pinch of salt until I get evidence, lol.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
It's been a good balance so far. There is a synergy but a lot depends on your goal, how you respond to both and how you need to function on the combo. Kava has never worked for me early in the day where K@ and cannabis have. Later in the day, after utilizing either of the two, I still drink my kava but personally I prefer to let the THC run it's course, then enjoy my kava. If circumstances call for both at the same time to sleep then I'll take both.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
IMO kava with CBD hemp flower go great, each enhancing each other, but THC tends to be overwhelming so you miss the real joy of the kava experience and the kava merely makes you feel good but you tend to miss all the special fun and distinct features of kava. There’s no harm in kava with THC and i’d Be surprised if it blocked any of the health benefit. It’s just you miss out on some fun. iME, anyway, but if you’re not drinking kava for pleasure, only beneficial effects then it really doesn’t matter and you don’t need much kava for that. A shell or two each day should do it

SmokinJoe93

Kava Curious
IMO kava with CBD hemp flower go great, each enhancing each other, but THC tends to be overwhelming so you miss the real joy of the kava experience and the kava merely makes you feel good but you tend to miss all the special fun and distinct features of kava. There’s no harm in kava with THC and i’d Be surprised if it blocked any of the health benefit. It’s just you miss out on some fun. iME, anyway, but if you’re not drinking kava for pleasure, only beneficial effects then it really doesn’t matter and you don’t need much kava for that. A shell or two each day should do it
Hey! Thanks, man. You’ve put it in a nutshell for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.